_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
New use for an old item
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:17 AM UTC
Hi guys

I picked up something at a Dollar store the other night that I thought you might want to know about. Its called a "Lazy Susan " its a 12 inch round turn table. I used for the first time tonight and its great. Just place the piece you are working on, on the turn table and you can do whatever you want, turn the piece completly around without ever touching it. I cut some 12 inch round paper covers for it and was using it for painting. I also plan on using another one for a dio base. Just think, being able to view all sides of a piece without ever touching the base. Oh by the way it only cost a buck.

Wolfsix
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:23 AM UTC
I have been using a lazy susan for years for painting. They are great. In fact I got my from the Dollar store as well. Two great minds with but a single thought #:-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:29 AM UTC

I agree with the "great minds" comment, and am glad to count myself amoung you......except, you guys are better shoppers than I. I have also been using 'lazy susan's' for quite some time, in different forms and different sizes (I have three different sizes within four feet of me). Unfortunately for me, I custom built them from mechanical gimbles, particle board platforms, and ceramic floor tile. So, they cost me a wee bit more than a dollar! My hat's off to you Martha Stewart's!

Tread.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 12:07 PM UTC
i have a Lazy Susan. you should see it.
its about 100 kinds of colors lol. they do come in handy
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 04:02 PM UTC
Love my Suzie... be lost without. I'd love her even more for a buck.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 07:03 PM UTC
I have it and use it when painting for years,the only difference we dont call it Susan :-)
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 07:20 PM UTC
Well i dont have it and havent found one so cheap, most of them here cost over 20-25 $ and are wooden made. So maybe i ll try to get another cheaper. One question. especially when you put over some protecting paper and stuff like that how do you secure a relatively small piece to paint. Or obviously you dont paint items smaller than a M1A1 on it ?
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 12:06 AM UTC
You could try double sided tape or turning a piece of tape back on it's self to form a roll.

Rob
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 01:21 AM UTC
Goose

BroAbrams is right I just use masking tape rolled over backwards tape down what ever I need to paint and go. The paper covers I use are brown paper bags cut up. a couple pieces of tape and you're set. When there gets to be to much paint on the paper just pull it off and replace it.
I'm also thinking about picking up another one, painting it and using it for a dio base. The viewer would able to see the dio from all sides.

Wolfsix
blank
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 190 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 02:48 AM UTC
I have a Lazy Susan too - but I use it to keep my tools and paints all organized and in easy reach. When I have to clean up the kitchen table after I finish, I just pick up the thing by the sides and plop it down somewhere safe.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 02:54 AM UTC

quote]"......I have it and use it when painting for years,the only difference we dont call it Susan :-)........."[/quote]

.............what's it's name?

Tread. #:-)
 _GOTOTOP