_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
whats the best glue for photo etched
SpaceXhydro
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 418 Posts
KitMaker Network: 58 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 01:12 AM UTC
I need some advice on what is the most suitable glue to use when working with photo etched parts and non plastic parts. Since it's a pain for me to use superglue because its too messy and harsh to work with on small, delicate and detailed parts. However, the all-purpose glue i use is too thick on small parts, too weak to stick the photo etched parts together not to mention sometimes the glue dries to a degree that the parts don't stick together.

I will be interested on hearing your opinions on what other type of glue you would recommend.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 01:26 AM UTC
CA is the best solution, but you could also use resin glue, but I would think it would be messier. I would suggest maybe going to you tube to find some way of applying it.

I use thin CA and the RB applicators, which allows for the application of small amounts of CA at a time.

Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,094 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 04:21 PM UTC
A UK Company, Deluxe Materials make a range of CA glues, including an odorless one. One of their most useful products for working with their range of CA glues is their 'Rocket Tips' applicators- basically a cap with a long thin tube- it can be cut and/or stretched to size to make larger or smaller openings etc- it doesn't clog up and minimizes the mess when using CA allowing decent accuracy for applying onto small parts and areas.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 2,713 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 05:15 PM UTC
I use Gator's Grip. Water-based and non-toxic. Gives me time to work without worry on fast adhesion times. You may want to check it out:

http://www.gatorsmask.com/gatorglueorder1.html

Cheers
SpaceXhydro
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 418 Posts
KitMaker Network: 58 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:46 PM UTC
Thank you for all your comments. It is very helpful.
 _GOTOTOP