_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Airborne Miniatures DEVGRU viginette.
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
entire network: 762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 09:02 AM UTC
I've just got Airborne miniatures 1/16 DEVGRU viginette, and I have some questions that I thought someone here could answer.

First of all, painting the uniforms. I'm already convinced that doing any kind of pixel-ed camo is out of my league, so I'm thinking of doing multicam. But does anyone know of a good way to paint these in 1/16?

And second, the base it self. I have never done anything like this, so any and all tips on how to get the groundwork and the piece of wall as convincing as possible I would be thankful.

So, that's all for now. Hope someone can give my some assistance in the matter.

And I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong group, just wasn't sure on where I should put it.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
entire network: 1,217 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2015 - 01:54 AM UTC
hello Thomas,

well done on buying this great scene; I've it also and am looking forward to starting (and hopefully finishing) it next year.

The desert AOR isn't too difficult, if you follow the painting guide on Alpine Miniatures' website. And Airbourne's too. It is a series of fine lines, if you look closely. Don't be put off by it. As the scene depicts a certain action (from Op. Neptune Spear), this would be the most historically accurate, as opposed to multi-cam. But it is yours, so over to you on that.

Use white / wood / PVA glue to join the ceramic building parts together, and seal it to paint. Then it is just a matter of weathering.

Good luck with that.

Kylie
 _GOTOTOP