_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Selling: Finished Works
Finished kits or dioramas for sale by poster.
"The Trophy" French Colonial Spahi
Schnauzer
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 07:21 PM UTC
Original scratchbuilt 1/16th scale model of First World War French Colonial Spahi North African cavalryman ca. 1915.

The pose for this model was taken from Louis Hingre's wartime illustration of a triumphant Spahi holding a German pickelhaube helmet aloft. (see photos)

Method of construction: Starting with a 1/16th scale Verlinden Napoleonic horse, I removed the Napoleonic saddle and other equipment and sculpted the historically correct Spahi saddle and horse equipment. After the horse was more or less complete, the figure was constructed using a putty and wire armature or frame. The head and various other bits come from various kits. The carbine is a converted Lebel rifle from another kit. My usual mix of Kneadatite and Magic Sculpt was used to construct and sculpt the remainder.

Rafael G. Aquayo, a very talented medal-winning Spanish painter painted “The Trophy”.

This horse and figure are originals and will not be used as masters for casting a model kit.

A professionally-made polished walnut base and brass title plate are included.

If you are interested in purchasing this piece, please contact me at [email protected].

_GOTOTOP