_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Selling: Finished Works
Finished kits or dioramas for sale by poster.
For me mate - Australian Light Horse
Schnauzer
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 07:00 PM UTC
Original scratchbuilt 1/16th scale model of First World War Australian Light Horseman in Palestine ca. 1916.

The pose for this model was taken from Ron Marshall’s painting of a Light Horseman sharing his water with his mount. (see photos)

Method of construction: Starting with a 1/16th scale Verlinden Napoleonic horse, I removed all the Napoleonic saddle and equipment and sculpted the historically correct Light Horse saddle and other horse equipment. After the horse was more or less complete, the figure was constructed using a putty and wire armature or frame. The head and various other bits including the SMLE rifle come from various kits. My usual mix of Kneadatite and Magic Sculpt was used to construct and sculpt the remainder.

Eduardo Lope, a very talented medal-winning Spanish painter painted” For me Mate”.

This model recently won a Silver Medal at the 2015 Military Miniatures Society of Illinois show.

The horse and figure are originals and will not be used as masters for casting a model kit.

A professionally-made polished walnut base and brass title plate are included.

If you are interested in purchasing this model, please contact me at [email protected].

Schnauzer
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 05:08 PM UTC
This piece has now been sold to a member of the Australian Light Horse Association.

All the best,
Dan
 _GOTOTOP