_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Bending and Rolling Deluxe Brass Assist
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 02:00 AM UTC
Hi

I am undecided about buying this hope to hear from others with experience in working with PE.

Do you find it is common to curl PE? I watched the 2 Youtube demos of this product where they build a fuel tank for T-34/85 and curled the fenders of the T-34.
I guess one can curl the fenders with a felt marker or X-Acto blade handle?

I think the wire bending jig is useful for building some resin kits where baskets and handles are involved. I know the Small Shop has the separate Wire Assist bending jig.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 06:13 PM UTC
I use drill bits and anneal the etch. I have not tried the bending and rolling assist, yet. No real problems, with my method so far. Hopefully, others will share their opinions.
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 06:13 AM UTC
Thanks for your tip Matt. I've decided I won't invest in these tools since I think I am not one who goes out of the way to buy PE. I will use the PE if it is included with the kit. Each bending tool costs $75 and $28 each. So they are quite costly. I recently bought a track link jig made by Mirror Models at $55. I will get more use out of that instead. I could not believe the cost for such a simple and small device.

I found a very useful tip posted a while ago on the General Forum of Missing Links from Kurt Laughlin on making his own wire bending jig. Nothing beats simple and "free".
 _GOTOTOP