Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Casting help required
kefffy
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 113 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 08:13 AM UTC
Please can any one help me, I am looking for a company who can cast some spare arms, legs, ammo pouches and water bottles for me in 1/35 scale, metal or resin will do as they are only for my own use, UK would be best, have asked around, but most companies have not returned my e mails thank you for your help in advance
Leakyoldboat
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 01:45 AM UTC
Hello there, over the years I have had occasion to try and replicate various bits and bobs and like a lot of other model makers have been frustrated by seemingly insurmountable problems of casting tiny, or large items.
1st off don't be scared all is possible; after all they make the bits for us so:- why shouldn't we be able to replicate their efforts ?
If you have the bit/item that you want to replicate then you are 50% of the way there.
If this is the case then get back to me and I will tell you how I make extra pieces for whatever I want. It costs fractions of pence and, with care, the results can be very impressive.

It's not expensive, It's cheap. Because of that you can practice the technique until you nail it. Then:

Happy days.

Look forward to hearing from you should you want to carry on this thread.