_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
ent-mart.com
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 05:02 AM UTC
Hello,
anybody ever buy anything from ent-mart.com? I want to know how their service and shipping rates compare to other sites. Their prices on kits are do cheap...it seems there MUST be a catch somewhere....

Sean
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 05:26 AM UTC
I think this company is in Hong Kong. The shipping will bring the price up to be competive with other companies.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 05:28 AM UTC
I checked them out on ebay. They've been an ebay member for just over a year, Dec 2002, and have over 50 positive comments with only one neutral and no negative ones. They are in Hong Kong, like animal said, and there shipping costs could drive the price up consdierably. The seem to sell most everything at nearly half price, at least the Tamiya stuff I looked at, but once shipping is put in they might not be all that great.
IDHUNTER
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:06 AM UTC
Last Saturday, I e-mailed them requesting a price quote on a model, this is how they have you do it as you cannot just order directly. Their system stated that they would reply within one to two working days. It's been seven days and I have not recieved a reply as of yet. I also sent a follow-up e-mail asking if the first was received with no response.
I would be inclined to believe that their shipping will be an equalizer when it comes to price. If I hear anything in the next couple of days I will reply to this thread with what I know.
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:20 AM UTC
Good to know,
I was gonna find out the shipping on a few items as well, but their system seems a lil confusing...it is based on the weight of the item being sent...yet on the pages it says that costs will be lower if you order multiple items....i am very interested as to which it will be, so please keep me posted...

Sean
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:39 AM UTC
the shiping will kiil u.
cause i saw a leopold for 60 bucks from japan.
and the shiping was 30 bucks so thats 90.
so i just got it from internet hobbies and i saved money also,
i would stay away from over seas mail order they can take your money and run,
and good luck tracking them down,
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 106 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 08:19 AM UTC
I had good luck with ent-mart when I place an order during the summer (roughly June).

I picked up a new Tamiya Hummer because it was way cheap, as well as a pair of Trumpeter kits because they were on sale. I didn't think shipping was too bad, and even went with air because the extra cost over the standard shipping was minimal. I got my shipment in about a week, and still saved some money, although not tons, over what it would have cost me to order from someplace in the states.

I also found the communication to be very good and quick, and all my questions were answered.

I can't find my receipt or invoice right off hand, but if you want more info, just PM me and I can try to get you some more. Hope that helps.

IDHUNTER
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 87 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 03:24 PM UTC
Glad to hear that it worked out for you. It's been over two weeks and two e-mails with no response from them for me. I went ahead and ordered what I wanted from another company. If I could have saved money with shipping it wasn't worth it to me to wait this long with no response.
 _GOTOTOP