_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Pricing Bronco out of N.American market
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2015 - 06:06 PM UTC
As it seems that Dragon USA has the exclusive distribution rights in North America, is seems they are pricing Bronco kits at a point LHS can't and don't want to carry them.

A prime example example is the new Horsa glider, with a list price of $179 which the retailer are paying the whole price on, then Dragon USA turns around and lists it for sale to the public from their site at $161. That severely undercuts the retailers they have sold too. Then you see the price in Asia around $116.

In my opinion Dragon USA is doing no favors to Bronco, and may kill Bronco's North American market if allowed to keep up their pricing practises.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 12:12 PM UTC
Dragon USA's pricing practices have come under scrutiny, prior to this. They price fix their online sales. My biggest problem is that they are noticeably less expensive than other sellers. I try to limit my buying to Dragon and CH kits. If they keep up their practice, it is possible that another distributor will pick up the Bronco label. Until that time, buy from other retailers.
 _GOTOTOP