_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Hobby shops in NE Georgia
Crixus
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 - 04:22 AM UTC
I am looking for a decent hobby shop around NE Georgia, I live about 45mins outside of Atlanta, any help would be greatly appreciated.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 - 04:33 AM UTC
I live about 40 west, and unfortunately the only one I've found so far has been the HobbyTownUSA in Kennesaw off Barrett Pkwy near 75.

There was a shop out near Stone Mtn I stopped in once, but their kit selection was meager; mostly RC stuff and airplanes. Had a decent paint selection which was why I stopped, but the HobbyTown has since surpassed it in that category. I actually buy more kits from ebay stores located in the ATL area than I do from physical stores!

So, if you can deal with ordering kits online the Kennesaw store should cover most all of your supply needs as they also have a large railroad section with all the diorama/scratchbuild material and lots of tools and such. Plus, there is a Hobby Lobby behind it where you can get other crafting stuff to use AND there is a mall and tons of other shopping so you can actually kill a lot of birds with one stone going there. Feed a whole family reunion, I reckon.
Crixus
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 - 04:42 AM UTC
Thanks for the information brekinapez
Sixgunner68
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:50 PM UTC
If you're anywhere close to Blue Ridge, check out Free Time Hobbies. Great store and friendly staff. I live in Cleveland, TN so it's about an hour or so drive from home, but I think its worth the drive! They have a great selection of armor kits in various scales & manufacturers which is great for me because I'm trying to move from building automotive kits to armor. They also have an great on-line store at wwww.freetimehobbies.com
 _GOTOTOP