_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What sort of poses in figures would you like?
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 10:39 PM UTC
I got involved in a conversation earlier on a new figure release and thought this could be an interesting thread which hopefully manufacturers may take notice of. I know in the past some of the more intelligent manufacturers have listened to what we as modellers would like to see ( the large amount of British vehicles and general softskins available now has proved that ).

I rarely build a figure straight from the box, not only so that it's individual but so that it fits into the dio/vignette I'm working on. This isn't a thread to say I want a specific unit etc more a general idea.
A classic example was Masterboxes German POW's. Now while they are exactly what is says on the box, I have used them as walking wounded as well. The DML Georgian Legion surrendering I've used as that but also used them in combat positions due to their neutral positions by changing arms, heads etc. It's this sort of versatility that's a bit lacking I find with some releases.

Examples of figures which I would find useful from any nationality...
1) Wounded both standing, sitting on the floor or lying down (not neccesarily on a stretcher)
2)Dead soldiers in various positions
3)Sitting so that they can either be used in a vehicle or on the ground as usually sitting figs are intended for half tracks and are sitting bolt upright This way they can be eating, in conversation, sleeping etc
4) Action poses where they are actually looking down the sights of their weapon, standing, kneeling or prone. Figures throwing grenades or dragging a comrade who's wounded
5) Medical staff. Not only stretcher bearers (who'd lend themselves to allsorts of other poses workwise) but doctors as well in their smocks.

That's my start of a sort of wishlist. Remember this isn't about "I want figures that are SS Wiking in Summer uniform" or "I want ANZACs in the desert 1942". It's about general poses for all nationalities. Your thoughts on the subject gents?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 12:42 AM UTC
German tank crew as during operation of the tank.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 01:49 AM UTC
1/48 ground crew opening/closing access panels

Modern 'western' civilians
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 01:53 AM UTC
I’m all for more action and task oriented poses.

Civilians … can never have enough.

Maybe some sort of generic offering — different torsos and lots of limbs to choose from or an armature of some sort to sculpt onto.

Drivers and riders in general … for example: MasterBox ‘Off to the Front’ comes to mind. The set includes a driver and five riders — a very versatile kit.

Figures climbing onto vehicle steps, tailgates, tank turrets and ladders.

Dramatic poses and interaction.

Wounded figures and medical staff.

Aftermarket heads DAK riders/crews with sand goggles and scarves covering eyes and mouth.

A pilot for the Tristar 1/35 'Fieseler Fi 156 C-3 / Trop Storch' would be nice ... wishful thinking.

With the recent Bronco 'Horsa Glider' release in 1/35, I can only imagine the possibilities.

For the modern airheads out there … pilots with their face shields down. Helicopter door gunners. Carrier deck crews signaling take-offs and landings.

There are many great figures and sets already out there ... and with a little (or a lot of) work some can be modified to one's specific needs ... but there is always room for more ...

—mike
VintageRPM
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 02:39 AM UTC
WWI German soldiers riding on top of an A7V.
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,539 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 07:42 AM UTC
I realize that KitMaker is 99% an armor modeling forum, but I build 1/25 trucks & (sometimes) cars. What I would like to see is high quality 1/25 civilian truck drivers, police officers, & firefighters all from 1950s-modern. Various poses (driving/riding in vehicles, etc.) The police & firefighters should have appropriate decals for uniform patches & turn-out gear reflective tape.

Just my 2˘.

Jim
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 10:42 AM UTC
Here's my $.02 worth, Civilians, Old folks down to children, modern and WWII era. And have these civvies in sitting poses, along with standing, laborers, policemen, office workers, school kids and PE glasses would be nice too. I have the MiniArt tram and want to start it but with no passengers......
I really hope that somebody does take notice Karl !
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 11:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... and PE glasses would be nice too. I have the MiniArt tram and want to start it but with no passengers......

PE glasses are available from Aber ... 'Glasses, Spectacles & Watches' set. And MiniArt has two passenger sets ... 'Tram Crew w/Passengers' and 'Sitting Passengers '30s–'40s. ... Oops, I just looked and their website says "coming soon." At least they're on the right track.

—mike
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 06:33 PM UTC
Thanks Mike for the heads up !
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 01:26 AM UTC
Some really interesing ideas on peoples wants lists. Hopefully manufacturers will take note. I think the only civvies available are Miniart and Masterbox really so they've really cornered it so they could do loads more varieties. I bought a shop interior cheap off ebay a couple of years back which I intended putting in a Miniart building as a grocers. A non destroyed building in a street scene which will mainly be civvies with a few Germans thrown in. It would be nice if there was say a set of 4 1940's females who look fairly neutral either walking or standing of the multipose variety therefore you'd end up with loads of connoitations. It's intereting to see the repeated items on peoples lists. It's ideal market research for the companies from serous modellers and it's ree lol. Keep them coming gents
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 769 Posts
KitMaker Network: 219 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 10:33 PM UTC
guys pointing! I can never seem to find one. LOL!
(Don't shoot me. I couldn't help myself)

Jesse
OddBall84
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 03:05 AM UTC
ANY as long as it will be US/Commonwealth figures! Have seen one German or Russian figure too many by now, it's about time the Allies got a bigger share of attention because I am not noticing many Allied builds anywhere.

That said:

- Armor maintenance personnel during an engine swap with let's say an M4A1 having it's radial engine hoisted out.

- Doing maintenance with engine in tank

- Swapping out bogey assemblies, tracks and/or wheels, turrets, guns/mantlets in the field.

Long story short every maintenance procedure
 _GOTOTOP