TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
The Man who would be King
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 10:37 AM UTC
I got a chance to see this old classic again the other day. I love this movie and recommend it to anybody who likes action adventure movies. Starring Sean Connery, Micahel Caine, Christopher Plummer, based on a book by Kipling, directed by John Houston, what more could you want? It's the story of two British soldiers in 19th Century India who travel to a far land to become kings. It continues with the same theme or how power corrupts that Houston had in The Treasure of the Siera Madre. If you ever get a chance to see it, rent it, or buy it, I would jump at it.

As an aside I'd like to mention this. While watching this movie my wife gave out with her typical comment, "how many times have you see it?" Why can women watch a soap opera on TV where you can stop watching for years and pick up right where you left off without missing anything, and yet don't understand that guys can watch the same movie over and over again?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 11:27 AM UTC
I almost forgot about that one. Now I am going to have to buy it and add it to my modelling bunker "movies to glue by" collection. Great flick.

Shaun
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As an aside I'd like to mention this. While watching this movie my wife gave out with her typical comment, "how many times have you see it?" Why can women watch a soap opera on TV where you can stop watching for years and pick up right where you left off without missing anything, and yet don't understand that guys can watch the same movie over and over again?

Uh, huh, like when she watches 30 year old re-runs of All in the Family that have lost all their topical appeal but can't understand why I have to watch Terminator or The Godfather again.
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 12:07 PM UTC
A great movie. I recently saw it at Wal*Mart for about 12 bucks.
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 03:49 AM UTC
Good movie, and the woman in it is absolutely gorgeous. I believe she was married to Michael Caine for a bit. Lucky dog.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 04:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I believe she was married to Michael Caine for a bit. Lucky dog.

I think she still is, and looking pretty good for her age. He sure has no reason to roam. Like Paul Newman said about his wife "why go out for hamburger when you've got steak at home?"

GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 11:16 AM UTC
Daniel Dreven, Esq.and Peachie Carnahan - Soldiers, rogues, forever will they live with Billy Fish - in the lands of Kafirastan....