_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Vehicles used in BoB
Panzer-Ole
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 155 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:33 PM UTC
Hi all

I have just read Antony Beevors book "Ardennes 1944 - Hitlers last game" and I was wondering if there were any lists available with the different types of vehicles used in the battles both by the Americans and the Germans?
Can anyone recommend a good book with lots of pictures from the battle?

It is written that a Ferdinand was used in the battle. Does anyone know more about this?

Thank you very much for any input.

Ole

clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 774 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 08:39 AM UTC
Ole,
That is a pretty tall order to list all of the vehicles used on both sides. For the US side pretty much everything that you could imagine that was still around by late '44; M4A1, M4A3, M4A3E2 (Jumbo), M10, M36, M18, M2 and M3 half-tracks, plus innumerable softskin vehicles. For the German side, Tiger II, Panthers, Mk IV, Hetzers and all manner of assault guns, as well as half-tracks (Sd. 250 and 251) but most probably no Ferdinand.
As far as a book of photos you might try "Battle of the Bulge, Photo History of an American Triumph" by John Bruning. You can pick it up on Amazon pretty cheap. If you want to spend a bit more try "Battle of the Bulge, Then and Now" from Jean-Paul Pallud.
Hope this helps at least a bit, I'm sure others can chip in with some direction for you.

Cheers,
Rick
Panzer-Ole
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 155 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:24 PM UTC
Hi Rick

Thank you for your input and book recommendations, I will take a closer look on those books.

Happy modelling
Ole
 _GOTOTOP