_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
M2A3 Interior Color
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 06:00 PM UTC
Hey Guys,

Im working ony my Meng's Bradley and soon I have to paint the interior. I would need your help regarding this question. I know this been raised and answered several times, but I would like to bring in another paint. Most of you and fellow modelers suggested to use Tamiya XF-21 or the Model Master paint.
My problem is with these two paints that Im afraid I cannot get them at closer hobby stores.
Mengs intructions suggest to use Vallejo 974 Green Sky, I can get this its no probem.... But I got a paint Vallejo 70.885 Pastel Green is in my collection, and after checking reference pictures for me looks closest match. I have never seen anyone on the net been using this color but for me looks really close. The vallejo 974 paint looks too green and more dark for me.

What do you think Guys about the Pastel Green? Has anyone got experience with this? Should I make a try or stay at Tamiya XF21 or Vallejo 974 Green Sky.

Thanks for your kind help!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 10:37 PM UTC
For grins, I looked up Vellejo Pastel Green, and on my screen it looks more like a Sage Green. I suppose it all boils down to how "open" your track is going to be, but I'd still opt for something close to the actual color. If you don't have the suggested colors available to you, I've had luck just mixing *(just of drop of) plain old "Crayola" green with white. It also appears that a Pistachio would work, and I believe you could even find it in a spray.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It also appears that a Pistachio would work, and I believe you could even find it in a spray.

I don't know if you have Krylon spray paint available in Hungary, but their Pistachio spray is dead-on for the US Seafoam Green interior color.

Good luck.
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:47 PM UTC
Guys,

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately this krylon can paint is not available here, but luckily i was able to get this XF21 paint so the painting can be started finally!

Anyway I made try with this Vallejo Pastel Green paint, and I think its not too far from the XF21, but we are modeleres, arent we? So thats why I had to get this XF21 in order to reach the closeset match regarding the interior.

Removed by original poster on 01/09/16 - 14:20:40 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP