_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Editing my own posts
slobuilder
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2015 - 01:37 AM UTC
I'm trying to get the hang of posting to the forums. The FAQ says I can edit my own posts, just click on the edit icon. Problem is I see no edit icon??? What am I missing. Also this another attempt at getting an actual image posted.

Thanks
Russ

justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2015 - 01:56 AM UTC
Hi Russ,
I believe there is a one-hour grace period where you can edit or delete a post, after which, those buttons disappear and the post will become permanent.

Your image shows up fine, however, I recommend using an image hosting site such as Photobucket (there are others) — uploading is easier and they offer much more free storage.

—mike
slobuilder
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2015 - 02:20 AM UTC
Mike,

Thanks, I just checked another post I just did and I did see the edit icon. To bad that little point did not show up in the FAQ.

Another problem I'm having is how do I direct my post to a specific forum? I get a few discussion group options but nothing that allows me to direct the post to a specific forum.

Thanks again for help with the edit icon
Russ
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2015 - 02:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... Another problem I'm having is how do I direct my post to a specific forum? I get a few discussion group options but nothing that allows me to direct the post to a specific forum.

Click on the 'forums' button above, then select a forum of interest and begin your new topic there. Upon making your selection, you'll be provided with another pull-down menu with additional choices.

Note: Once you post a 'new topic,' it is irreversible — edits to the title are no longer available. In addition, I believe there is an ongoing issue with special characters which disable the 'subscription' feature i.e., consider using the term ... you are instead of you're.

HTH.

—mike
slobuilder
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2015 - 04:06 AM UTC
Mike,

Again thanks for helping the new guy.

Russ
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2015 - 08:08 AM UTC
Glad I could help Russ. I was the "new guy" not too long ago.

—mike
 _GOTOTOP