_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Need Tiger I Parts help...
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:23 PM UTC
I need some help replacing a couple of parts from a Tamiya Tiger I Mid kit #194. I need: Parts C1 Mantlet Rear Plate, C6 Mantlet Pivot Mount and C8 Turret Top Plate. They are now blobs of tan plastic. I guess we had an earthquake here on Okinawa when I was on the way to work the other day and my bottle of Testors Glue tipped over when the cork-board fell off the wall and....well you get the visual. If anyone has a link/e-mail to Tamiya USA so I can see if I can get the parts from them will be fine too. Thanks!
Chief
007wales
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 05:50 PM UTC
For USA just google search Tamiya USA and you will find their website in Cal.You can call the 1-800 number and they can tell you if it is in stock .You are so close to Japan you may try there too.If USA does not have it in stock they order from Japan.I just got a replacement sprue and it took 7 months to come from Japan.
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 - 04:01 AM UTC
Thanks Brian! I'll give it a shot. If it took 7 months to come from Japan, it'll take 8 to get back to me via the USPS to my FPO box. We ordered a vacuum cleaner for our office, it took 3 months to get to us and it originated in Japan. Go figure.
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 668 Posts
KitMaker Network: 211 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 - 11:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Brian! I'll give it a shot. If it took 7 months to come from Japan, it'll take 8 to get back to me via the USPS to my FPO box. We ordered a vacuum cleaner for our office, it took 3 months to get to us and it originated in Japan. Go figure.

. You could not go local purchase ?
 _GOTOTOP