_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
New Man Cave
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 12:56 AM UTC
It looks like I will be moving into a place of my own. I have a 12x12 room to work with. Looking for some suggestions on set ups. I will need an area to set up my spray booth, probably some type of shelves for my stash, an area for my paint collection and a lot of bench room.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 04:43 AM UTC
Congratulations, it's the most productive way to work...

A couple of ideas that come to my mind:

*If possible, put the main table close to the window for using natural light... unless you get direct sun and it's too hot in summer

*If you plan to make many photos for step-by-step blogs/articles, consider a permanent set up for the photos with lights and a background.

*For me, better an L-shape of 2 tables than a long one. One for building and the other one for photos or painting, and you can quickly move between them.

*Large drawers under the desk, to keep out of sight items and tools used not so often.

*Lots of ideas and nice products from Hobby Zone here

*And above all, plan and think with no hurry. And enjoy!!
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 06:02 AM UTC
I repurposed an old 38”x48” drafting tabletop for the main workbench (I really like the depth — lots of room) … I always knew there was a reason for holding on to it for all these years! My spray-booth sits on an old desk and I have a small dresser for the drawers. For a paint-rack, I tossed-together the typical 1”x2” horizontal wood strips on a piece of 1/4” plywood mounted on the wall. All Paints are within easy reach and the labels & colors are highly visible.

Setting up my workspace (Das Panzerwerks) was half the fun for me! Good luck, and enjoy your new cave!

—mike
 _GOTOTOP