_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Cancel
painter60
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:30 AM UTC
This is my dad's account. He passed last month and I am trying to close out all accounts he has. Is there away to remove him from this forum?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:40 AM UTC
There is no reason to close your fathers account and I am very sorry for your loss. Your father had been a member for a very long time and while not a prolific poster there may be members who wish to pass on their messages to you.
painter60
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:52 AM UTC
There is no way to remove him. I do not want any open internet accounts of his to remain open.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 01:53 AM UTC
You could send a message to the publisher and request the account is closed. I could ban the account, but would need the authorization of the publisher to take this action in this case.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 04:09 AM UTC
Hello,
I am sorry to hear about your dad. I don't mean to come across like an ass, but to be honest we don't really have a mechanism to 'close accounts'. It is not really something many community based sites really do to be fair. I get requests like this from members at times and have to tell them the same thing. Just so you are aware, there is no personal information like credit cards or the like on your dad's account and you have complete access to remove any other items (like real name, email, etc.) from public view.

Is this some concern over his account having some legal liability? Or do you just want to remove any trace of him from the Internet? I am sorry to even have to ask these questions but it would help to know what your objective is. I ask because as Darren said we have the ability to 'ban' members but to be honest that might not have the effect you are seeking. Banned members are still in the database with all the info and posts hidden albeit, but that stuff is all still there. Which brings me back around to my original point that we don't have a means to really close an account and remove all that data.

Best wishes,
Jim
painter60
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 07:52 PM UTC
Thanks for the information. Since no personal information is used there is no harm.
 _GOTOTOP