_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
AEC Matador 0854 with Coles Crane 1:24 scale
Ripaman
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 09:23 AM UTC
Hi all,
I am going to build diorama of a AEC Matador with a Coles Crane lifting out a Hawker Typhoon engine, scale will be 1:24

So I went looking for drawings on the Web but could not find any.
I did find Howard at www.kitformservices.com and found he made a Matador but only the AEC Matador M.A.T 853, I need the 6x6 wheel version 854/0854.

After a few emails with Howard he suggested to me to buy his AEC Militant and scratch build the rest. So I bought the Model from him and received the model with some drawings of the Matador (not with Crane)
I have bought the book AEC Matador taking the rough with the smooth which is a great book has 10 pictures of the Matador with crane, also I found a 1:48 scale of the Matador with Coles Crane from Accurate Armour which I bought and using as a guide.

Started by cutting the frame work to make it 14'-9 1/8 wheel base, removing the wood to make room for the steel deck.

Was going to post pictures but not sure how to do that yet??

Regards
Richard

okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 673 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 03:44 PM UTC
You have my juices flowing on this one !!!! Will be following the build for sure as I loved the look of the Matador and drooled over a 6x6 and Coles crane that sat in a local scrapyard for years !!! It was gone just before I went to ask for permission to photograph it !!

One of the guys on an other forum put up photos of a walk around he did !!!! I will try to posta link when I am on my Pc !!!!!
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 530 Posts
KitMaker Network: 60 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 04:32 PM UTC
That, my friends, is going to be one interesting build. I for one am really looking forward to seeing this come to life.

Jim
LSA
Ripaman
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 10:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You have my juices flowing on this one !!!! Will be following the build for sure as I loved the look of the Matador and drooled over a 6x6 and Coles crane that sat in a local scrapyard for years !!! It was gone just before I went to ask for permission to photograph it !!

One of the guys on an other forum put up photos of a walk around he did !!!! I will try to posta link when I am on my Pc !!!!!

Hi Nige,
Do have some pictures but not sure how to post them?? can you advise.
Love to see the pictures of the walk around, building this with no detail drawings.

Regards
Richard
Ripaman
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 10:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That, my friends, is going to be one interesting build. I for one am really looking forward to seeing this come to life.

Jim
LSA

Thanks Jim,
Will post pictures once I know how to do it.

Regards
Richard
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 11:27 PM UTC
Richard

I will try to post the link tonight when on my laptop but will also look out a drawing in 1/76 I have from a WW2 British truck data book that you could maybe scale up !!!

There is a guide to posting photos that someone can hopefully add the link for you , but youmay need to get a free photobucket account to load your pphotos to and make links in your blog to !!!

Nigel
Ripaman
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 - 04:42 AM UTC
Here are some pictures on where I am now,

http://gallery3.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/432151

http://gallery3.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/432152

http://gallery3.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/432153

http://gallery3.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/432154

Regards
Richard

okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 - 03:51 PM UTC
Great start Richard

Did Howard suggest the axles and rear suspension set ? It does look good. Have been having bother finding the walk around but will try again tonight !

Nige

samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 530 Posts
KitMaker Network: 60 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 - 04:36 PM UTC

A very impressive start! Looks like it is already taking shape quite nicely. I really love to see projects that include the more interesting variants like this one.

Jim
LSA
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 - 09:45 PM UTC
Hi Richard

I eventually found the walk round but it is on a facebook page you would have to join. The photos are not as many as I remembered, and it is a tad beat up and in great need of restoration !

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.994450847272441&type=1

Might be of some use

Nige
 _GOTOTOP