_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
New Hobby Store!
flex_cs
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 03:58 AM UTC
guys my sister just told me there's a new hobby shop in alabang town center!! its near tobys sports shop daw...i was not able to personally see it bcoz i was at home very bc but my sister got a glimpse of it!!

it was selling aircraft kits and cars daw! well f u guys happen to pass by alabang town center do check it out! #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 04:07 AM UTC
AIRCRAFTS!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................ yummy. Will try to check that out.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 04:31 AM UTC
The main reason why one must go to the Town Center is not for the shops, the food, or (according to Flex) the new hobby shop. The main reason is for the many pretty girls there, especially in summer, when they wear light, spaghetti stripe shirts, or plunging necklines, tight, ass-hugging capri pants or short-shorts, or summer dresses....

Ok, got carried away. Hmmm... new hobby shop... Yet another reason to go to the Town Center hehehehe

BTW, there used to be a Lils Alabang but it closed within months of its opening - wala masyadong customers kaya nalugi.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The main reason why one must go to the Town Center is not for the shops, the food, or (according to Flex) the new hobby shop. The main reason is for the many pretty girls there, especially in summer, when they wear light, spaghetti stripe shirts, or plunging necklines, tight, ass-hugging capri pants or short-shorts, or summer dresses....

Bloody hell!!! #:-) #:-)

Quoted Text

BTW, there used to be a Lils Alabang but it closed within months of its opening - wala masyadong customers kaya nalugi

Eto ba yung shop sa may banda sa promenade section? (Yung malapit sa round park?) I remember seeing this a long time ago nung aprentice modeler pa lang ako. I do remember they sell lots of Tamiya Mini 4wds back then.
BlackThor_06
Visit this Community
entire network: 200 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 05:18 AM UTC
This is great news! :-)

Will check it out later this morning...hopefully they're stocked up with ktis that are not available in other model shops...and reasonably priced.

Offhand, one of the first things I do when I set foot in a new maill is to search for a hobby store. - If there's none, then I simply don't go back there unless its an absolute requirement.

BT6
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 11:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Offhand, one of the first things I do when I set foot in a new maill is to search for a hobby store. - If there's none, then I simply don't go back there unless its an absolute requirement.

Tama ka dyan! Mas gugustuhin ko pang pumunta sa Binondo (dahil may STC at hopia dun) compared to Robinsons
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 11:46 AM UTC
BT6 and Jeep: Correct kayo! Ako din hehehe naghahanap ng hobby shop. If there's none, pfffffffft... hehehehe

Actually, my 'mall requirements' are:

1) An extensive hardware shop (e.g. True Value, Ace Hardware. Handyman sucks IMO)
2) A hobby shop
3) A Netopia branch (Town Center recently acquired this requirement. It is now a Level 3 mall hehehe)
4) A Sugarhouse branch (When I'm poofed and/or waiting for me family, I spend my time there resting, drinking tea and eating cake)
5) An Astrovision branch

Hehehehe

SR: Yes, that be the one, near the promenade. I remember visiting that place three times only. Most of the merchandise was Tamiya 4WD, then Academy aircraft. Their paint shelves were bare (but not as bare as Accurate Model Shop at Southmall), their supplies geared for the 4WD crowd.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 04:46 PM UTC
Great! I'll try to check it out in a few days...Buti na lang exams week na..XP
blank
Visit this Community
entire network: 190 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 11:06 PM UTC
Is this place called something like "The Hobby Shop", with lots of railroad stuff and a Mini-4WD track in it? I passed by it once last year, but they weren't selling "real" models back then #:-) Theres a branch of that shop in Shangrila Plaza, near Megamall. They got some hard-to-find kits there, including a Dragon BTR--70 and a Tamiya M4 (the original)... almost bought some...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 11:16 PM UTC
Oo nga pala! Tama ata si blank. If you're refering to the shop there, it is a model railroad shop. Katabi sya ng Toby's pati ng pocket collector. And yes may cars nga pero finished cars na. Natatandaan ko may malaking indoor track pa nga sila doon for the R/C cars. I don't remember the aircraft ones. Correct me if I'm wrong.
BlackThor_06
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 01:40 AM UTC
ATC Recon Mission: AAR Summary:

Well, I visted the new model shop at around 1345 hrs (after watching the movie Kill Bill)...like, jeez, II wasn't even close to the target's doorway when I recognized somebody inside - it was one of the salescrew in Alabang Festival SuperMall (the sweet one with raven black hair, like she washed it in Future).

Obviously, STC has decided to expand in ATC.

Compared to their Festval Mall brach, it is better and roomier in layout. You can inspect the most their wares up close and personal, wihout asking the salescrews to get it for you.

However, some items that are avaialable in Festival are not present there - I noted that Tamiya's 1/72 aircraft (repackaged Italeri kits) were absent - I may have just missed them, but I'm quite sure they werent there...in any case, I'm currently focusing more on armor anyway, so I was nervously scanning the long and high shelves for Italeri's M1A2 Abrams - luckily for my bank account, it wasn't there.

Well persoanlly, I was kinda disappointed of my findings - I was actually hoping to finda completely new shop, not a branch of an existing one.

Anyway, just to add a little more to my tale: I then proceeded to SM Southmall - just to buy an FSM mag and probably take a peek at Accurate Model Works...and to make a long (and otherwise silly) story short, I didn't expect what I'd be bringing home today - 2 boxes of Academy's AFV Accessories Set I (one is for a buddy)...

...as well as Academy's 1/35 M113 APC ('Nam version) and a FIST-V. The lady in Accurate Modl Works offerred both AFVs for P1,000 - flat, so I scooped both kits up like the modeling addict I am...jeez, talk about overindulgence. (++)

Well, hope this info on the new shop proves useful to you gents.

BT6
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 10:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, I visted the new model shop at around 1345 hrs (after watching the movie Kill Bill)...like, jeez, II wasn't even close to the target's doorway when I recognized somebody inside - it was one of the salescrew in Alabang Festival SuperMall (the sweet one with raven black hair, like she washed it in Future).

Is this the one with the long hair na somewhat cute? #:-)

Quoted Text

Obviously, STC has decided to expand in ATC.

Hmmm... I wonder if this makes good business sense. STC Filinvest and STC ATC are quite close to each other. Either STC Filinvest is 'over saturated' which means they need more room and so expanded to ATC, or... I can't think of another reason really.

Quoted Text

Compared to their Festval Mall brach, it is better and roomier in layout. You can inspect the most their wares up close and personal, wihout asking the salescrews to get it for you.

Now this is what I like. A place where you can pick up the box all by yourself, ask permission to open it, and inspect it. STC Filinvest are hard to reach, especially the ships! Hence you are more liable to buy something at STC Filinvest after 'harassing' the crew to 'get this...' and 'get that...'

Quoted Text

However, some items that are avaialable in Festival are not present there - I noted that Tamiya's 1/72 aircraft (repackaged Italeri kits) were absent - I may have just missed them, but I'm quite sure they werent there...in any case, I'm currently focusing more on armor anyway, so I was nervously scanning the long and high shelves for Italeri's M1A2 Abrams - luckily for my bank account, it wasn't there.

Well, they are starting. Did you ask how long they've been open? Phone number(s)?

BTW, is it me or do I see less and less Italeri kits nowadays. In STC and JMN, it seems they don't bother ordering Italeri kits at all. In Accurate, those that are there have been there for years now I think.

I've always thought that Accurate is nearing its death. The shop is not lit properly, the kits dusty, the stock old. What's keeping them alive are the R/C and 4WD toys, although I do see some customers check out the aircraft kits and buy some.

BTW, thanks for the AAR BT6! As they say in GI Joe "Knowing is half the battle... GI JOEEEEEEEE!!!" Hehehe!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 04:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've always thought that Accurate is nearing its death. The shop is not lit properly, the kits dusty, the stock old. What's keeping them alive are the R/C and 4WD toys, although I do see some customers check out the aircraft kits and buy some.

I'm one of the regular customer here hehehe. Usually paints and some kits lang binibili ko. Dahil malapit naman Lil's Makati (Yeah, first time ko pumunta kahapon), the ATC STC and Festi STC and JMN, siguro bisita bisita na lang. Gusto ko lang dito sa Accurate is their line of Accurate Miniatures. Hmmm.... Accurate Model Works = Accurate Miniatures?? Nah!!!
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 05:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...as well as Academy's 1/35 M113 APC ('Nam version) and a FIST-V. The lady in Accurate Modl Works offerred both AFVs for P1,000 - flat, so I scooped both kits up like the modeling addict I am...jeez, talk about overindulgence.

You didn't get a bargain with that.
1) FIST-V doesn't have an interior
2) FIST-V the last time I saw it in Lil's just cost around P 350-450.
3) M113 APC cost probably the same.
Bull
Visit this Community
entire network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 07:54 PM UTC
The reason you don't see many Italeri kits nowadays is because Lil's did not place an order in 2003. They usually order around May so I hope they do order this year. The DUKW and the Marine Sherman with wading gear is long overdue here.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 08:12 PM UTC
And I'm still waiting for the DML T-34-76 and Tiger II
BlackThor_06
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 09:47 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

... You didn't get a bargain with that.

Not quite indeed, but consider the following:

- The M113's list price in AMW was P600-plus; while in Hobbies And Comics, it fetches a higher price. STC even jacks it up by a nearly a hundred bucks or so (as with most of their models).

- While Lil'ls restocked (during late December) with dirt cheap Academy kits they did not include the FIST-V, but have the M163 SPAAG kit and that goes for around P400+500 plus.

- The M113 APCs (both Vietnam and modern variants) of Academy cannot be placed in the same price range of the M163 and FIST-V, because the formers come with an engine, interior and a wide (the better term is dizzying) variety of build options as well as accessories - I do a lot of research on nearly all the kits I buy that cost more than P400.

As for the 'new' shop in ATC, I did not bother to ask their operating hours nor their phone numbers - I don't see myself buying kits there.

BTW, late last week a new shipment of kits arrived at Lil's:

- DML (armor like the T-34 and Sherman Firefly, ships)
- Trumpeter (armor, cars)
- Tamiya (ships),
- A particular Asian manufacturer whose name I aways forget (notably a quartet of 1/48 Mi-24 Hind-D/Es). Not Panda nor Kangnam, mind you.

And for the Italeri question - Lil's already has placed an order early this week. I'm locked, loaded, lased, rolling in hot, and on the way for their M1A2.

Cheers,

BT6
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:19 PM UTC
Hmmmm....STC in ATC? Wow! Hehe! Ayus ah. Last I was in STC Greenhills, there was a Tamiya FAMO going for around Php 2,500! Haha!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 01:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmmmm....STC in ATC?

In the fine tradition of the US Armed Forces' use of acronyms, STC ATC will be known as STATCEN (Special Toys Alabang Town CENter) hehehehe

Bull: That's good news! I - like BT6 - am interested in the Italeri M1A2. I hope not to be disappointed hehehe :-)

BT6 - are you also joining the Abrams group build of Armorama? Cardinal and SR will. I'm an iffy.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 01:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BT6 - are you also joining the Abrams group build of Armorama? Cardinal and SR will. I'm an iffy.

Oopps... I didn't say I'll join..... or maybe I will join! I'm doing the Trumpy M1A1HA baka isali ko na rin to if 50% complete na.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 01:34 AM UTC
Hmmm.... sa Feb 14 pa pala start. I have to set it aside for a while. Okee ang final date - sa May 14?? I think. Baka sumali ako. I have 4 campaigns running and the end dates are near.
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 12:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

guys my sister just told me there's a new hobby shop in alabang town center!! its near tobys sports shop daw...i was not able to personally see it bcoz i was at home very bc but my sister got a glimpse of it!!

it was selling aircraft kits and cars daw! well f u guys happen to pass by alabang town center do check it out! #:-)

The name of the shop's Hobbitoi. I guess Winston wants to be a bit more unique here.
cbrain21
Visit this Community
entire network: 151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 141 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 07:50 PM UTC
Funny how I chanced upon this thread when the same shop being discussed here is already packing up.

Another one bites the dust....

R.I.P.
Hobbitoi ATC
2004-2009
Yayo02
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 05:44 AM UTC
Sayang naman...
dracuman10