_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
M36B1
gunbunny198
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 06:16 AM UTC
Hello, I have read and seen on here and other site that the M36B1 TD carried the standard 47 rounds of 90mm ammo, however the TWS resin kit and all the pics of said kit I have seen only show the starboard sponson with 9 rounds in tube, and the port with ammo boxes for 50'3 and 30's. I am also trying to get clarification on radio placement. any help would be appreciated.

Paul
OddBall84
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 03:25 PM UTC
The Academy M36B1 on my shelf also wanted to know, just found this no idea if it is of any help?

http://www.usarmymodels.com/MANUFACTURERS/TankWorkshop/tws0001/Hull%20Interior/hullint.html
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:26 PM UTC
My understanding is that four rounds are stowed in tubes on the RH sponson, 11 "bare" rounds are in the bustle ready-rack, and the rest are stowed under the floor of the fighting compartment. Any engagement that could use up the 11 ready rounds would be exceptionally long - they'd either do the deed with a few shots and retreat for ammo shuffling, or they'd run out of luck, long before they got off a dozen shots!

The Tech Manual can be found here. It is heavy on maintenance & operation as a vehicle, so you have to dig for info on ammo & interior layout. The LH sponson has the battery box (with MG ammo above) and the aux generator. The floor is seen at p372 with labels for the hinged panels above "90mm ammo boxes", and comms equipment starts down around p413. Sadly, actual ammo stowage isn't really addressed in detail - there's probably a better TM for that.
gunbunny198
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:33 AM UTC
That's what I was thinking, but didn't want to assume. Thanks for the information and I will check on that manual ASAP. Much appreciated.

Paul
gunbunny198
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:47 AM UTC
That's the kit I was looking at, just wanted to know why the kit didn't specify the rest of ammo storage is all. See the thread below yours if you haven't already, plenty of info there.

Paul
gunbunny198
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:53 AM UTC
Tom, the link you offered me won't open where I am due to security issues. Could you provide a picture of the labels you were talking about?

Thanks,
Paul
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:59 PM UTC
Sorry - the Scribd doc requires payment to download, so I don't have it to post. (You can view it free online, but need to sign up for downloads...) However, here are some pics of my own scratch-built interior. (I didn't have the TWS kit handy at the time, so reached for the Evergreen strip stock!) The floor is made up of several plates with hinges, and the whole thing can be lifted out to access the stowage.

HTH
OddBall84
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:06 PM UTC
^I had just found your topic on this forum and was about to post the link. As that has some pictures of the turret also here it is to make things complete.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/149680&ord=&page=2
gunbunny198
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:07 PM UTC
Ahhh yes, this is one of the builds I have seen online. For what it's worth awesome job. I've done that a few times in the past myself, best one of mine in my opinion is a 1/72 scale M4A3 76(W) from DML. From the firewall forward to include turret complete interior. I am unfortunately away from home, however will glad get pics for proof as soon as I can. And again every little bit helps, thanks again,

Paul
 _GOTOTOP