Local, Regional, or International.
5th Annual Model Expo Results
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 05:23 PM UTC
G'day everyone, well i just got back from the 5th annual model expo, im stuffed, no pics sorry but i will tell you all about it, me and MATTTOMLIN arrived there at about 10:00 am, entered our dios for the competition, (there werent to many other dios, but alot of cars and planes, NO ARMOR IN THE COMP!!! ) then we went and looked around. This expo seemed more like an armor expo more than anything else, sooo many tanks, 1:35, 1:72, even a few of them really mini ones, there was alot of aircraft too, so then we kept looking and i found myself a real bargin...a brand new airbrush that can get down to a spray of 0.5mm with an unoppened can of testors airbrush proppelent...get this...for $40, so i snatched it up :-) so we looked around for a few more hours (got a bit boring once we had seen everything about 3 times ) then came the competition judging time, i entered 3, my vietnam bunker one, my normandy farm shed one, and my stalingrad ambush one that i was up all night trying to finish in a hurry, Matt entered his normandy trench dio as well, now there were a few other dios, but the odd thing was the judges judges in age groups, so we were up against planes and cars, not other dios weird i thought, but anyway, the judges had made their decision and i pulled 1st place for my division, and Matt took 2nd, we were really lucky as there were alot of good models that we were up against, our prizes, i got the revell 1:48 pro finish F-84 G Thunderjet, which comes with some nice photo etched parts, and Matt got the Revell 1:48 pro finish Dog Sabre.
well all in all i reckon it was a great day out and i encourage any Aussie modellers who live out gippsland way in vic, to come next january
Cheers
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 10:24 PM UTC
1st prize people
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 10:52 PM UTC
LWF,

A big CONGRATULATIONS is in order....I told you to be confident...well I guess it paid off.

Congrats again.

(NB : Weekend days are not the best days to post a topic when you hope for a fast and big reply..... but people tune in....mark my words)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 03:02 AM UTC
Howdy lestweforget,

A big CONGRAT's go's out to ya mate!! And to MATTTOMLIN as well!

Just sorry I missed all the fun.

Tread.
Babva
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 141 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 03:41 AM UTC
Congrats on your contest results.

Why no pics of the show?
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 02:23 PM UTC
thanks guys :-) simple reason for no photos, got up at about 7:00, had to leave at 9, and its the holidays so im not used to being awake that early, and when ya tired you forget things, lol, but it turns out there was a camera just sitting in our car, DO'H! but oh well, cant be helped, at least i have pics of my dios, well, will soon, but i really do wish i couldve got pics of all those tanks.
thanks again for all your support and encouragment, chers guys!
 _GOTOTOP