TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Seeking help for a documentary of kinetic kit
nathanyun
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 07:50 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this at the right place, please remove or transfer this post if the administrator finds it inappropriate.

I'm an Australian independent director, I am now working on a documentary about a unique kite form, Chinese Kinetic Kites, which is fading away due to lack of attention in the society.
The purpose of this documentary is to raise attention in the society and find someone who is willing to pass on this unique technique.
Chinese kinetic kites has been recognized as an national intangible heritage, however, no one in China is willing to pass on the skills. The only person who can create exquisite kinetic kites is now 77 years old, trying to find a proper apprentice who is really willing to learn the skills.
More information about this project and the kites can be found on my Kickstarter project page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1747407323/kite-zhangs-...

It has been very hard to work on my own with this project, I would really like to get your help and spread the news of this project to a wider base of audience.
If you find it interesting, please consider sharing it, it'll really help the situation of kinetic kites.
Thank you very much!
nathanyun
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 07:53 AM UTC
the topic was supposed to say "kinetic kites", but somehow it got cut off......