_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Wet Pallette
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 05:17 AM UTC
Just made a DIY Wet Palette, and wondering why I did not do this before. I made it with a cheap disposable flat plastic container, paper towel, and parchment paper. Added water to the paper towel, and put parchment paper on top.

I use Vallejo paint, and found a big difference on the wet palette, and seems to be using much less paint. The paint stay use-able so much longer. I would recommend building one or buying one, definitely worth it.
Disith
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 62 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 05:28 AM UTC
Ive always heard good things from figure painter friends about wet palettes but ive never actually tried one myself so i will have to give this one a try.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 05:45 AM UTC
It’s one of those really simple ideas that changed the way I paint — not to mention changing my mood!

Here’s a quick HOWTO: The Wet Palette.

In addition, I use a few different-sized shallow containers with lids that I purchased at the big-box store. The lids allow me to close the palette up and return to painting whenever it suites me.

—mike
Alaska
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 05:50 AM UTC
Thanks for the post Kevin! I was just going to get the Wet-Pallet sponge and do the same,maybe I don't need the sponge after all..

Craig
jomark
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 06:07 AM UTC
Use a flat rectangular airtight container as your wet palette. A near perfect product would be a lock and lock standard PP container. This keeps it from evaporating too much and is easier to open and close. Although I'm encountering more of condensation when I use it compared to evaporation
 _GOTOTOP