_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
G'day from Australia
DJR1971
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2015 - 04:26 PM UTC
Hi all,

Just joined and getting back into building armour models after a 15+ year break.

Used to mainly do 1/72 vehicles and aircraft, but then moved into wooden model ships. But lack of a workshop to make sawdust in due to renovations prompted me to pick up a 1/350 ship kit.

Enjoying building the ship (but the brass bits are sooo tiny) but the foray into plastic re-ignited my interest in armour.

So, I've decided to embark on a project I've always wanted to do - a collection of Australian Army vehicles from WWI to the present in 1/35. Ignoring soft-skins, this should give me about 25 or so tanks, APC's, FSV's and scout/armoured cars to build. I'll mount them on simple pedestals with minimal weathering.

To kick off, I picked up a Dragon M1A2 SEP and will add an Arms Corps Models Aussie Abrams conversion set plus Voyager PE. Build will start any day now! Hopefully will upload some pics when done.

Looks like heaps of useful stuff on this site and plenty of excellent builds to inspire me.

Darren

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2015 - 08:35 PM UTC
Welcome to the Kitmaker family Darren, you'll find all of the information and advice you could ever need freely available from the good folks in these forums.

Just don't be shy about posting photos and asking questions.

Cheers, D (DJR1967 following your code)
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2015 - 08:47 PM UTC
Welcome Darren, glad to have you with us here at Armorama.

Randy
 _GOTOTOP