Touch n Flow Applicator Problem
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 1,083 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:56 PM UTC
Hi All,

I've been using the Touch N Flow applicator for some time now, and I absolutely love it. But I have a problem with it that I hope you can help me resolve. I fill the glass tube by inserting the glass end, and it fills nicely. I find, however, that after the first use at the beginning of a 'session', that I simply cannot get the tube to refill a second time, unless I let the applicator sit for some time after using it. I have verified many times that the applicator is empty, that there is no remaining glue in the tube, but it simply will not refill unless there is a significant 'rest period' in between use. I have to assume that there is something blocking the tube, but again, it seems like the tube is empty. Do any of you have this problem? Any thoughts about how to fix it?
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 668 Posts
KitMaker Network: 211 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 07:16 PM UTC
Try running a solvent through the applicator in between use , now what will work to dissolve the glue you are using . More glue then you won't have the flow issue , maybe MEK or acetone ? Home Depot lacquer thinner , the hotter the better ? Any of you gents have any ideas ?
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 01:37 AM UTC
If it matters, I am using the liquid Flex I File glue that is just like Tenax; it's the stuff that the Touch N Flow came with.
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 04:24 AM UTC
Curt,
A tiny air bubble probably forms and prevents glue from flowing.

Try blowing into the large end of the tube, with the dispensing
end surrounded by a Kleenex, to catch any glue that may squirt
out.

Cheers,
Joe
bushman
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 28 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 06:04 AM UTC
I use a syringe, bought at Walgreens, to blow air through it. At the end of the modeling session I will use it to pussh water through, then air. This seems to have cured my issues with it.
Ron W.
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 06:55 AM UTC
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I have 3 of the applicators (one is the one I use, the other 2 are brand new, unused. I'm sure I could rotate their use, but I really don't want to use them 'in rotation'. I'd like to keep the other 2 new ones as spares in case the one I'm using breaks or becomes unusable for another reason.

I'll try what you're suggesting, and we'll see. Thanks again.
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:37 AM UTC
What has happened ?
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:13 AM UTC
Hey there! Actually, I've tried all the recommended fixes, and nothing has addressed the problem. I happen to have another applicator, and I think I'm just going to open that new one, and try that one to see if the same problem is present. I'm wondering if the applicator that has the problem has some micro leak of some kind that is not visible but allow some air leakage that is preventing the refill. I'll let you all know if the other Touch n Flow works better.
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:56 AM UTC
thanks
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2015 - 03:42 AM UTC
Curt , run the metal needle under a flame from a candle until hot . Let it cool wipe off the carbon on the outside and you are good to go .

I had this happen once and the needle can get clogged with particles stopping it from working right .

Terri
 _GOTOTOP