_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Affordable yet good Compressor/tank
tenchu11
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 05:46 AM UTC
It's summer time and now that I'm able to Airbrush again in the garage i'm looking to upgrade from my made in Communist China compressor to a better one. I have a badger 105 and a Paasche Talon (coming in the mail anyday now). I'm looking to get a new Compressor/tank combo what is a good Compressor with tank on the market right now that I can use on both these AB and If not, what type of adapters do I need to purchase. Thanks
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 06:03 AM UTC
I have the Testors(Aztek) compressor/tank combo and it is great, comes with regulator, you just need to add a moisture trap.
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 05:43 PM UTC
Summertime!!!! That's being a little bit presumptuous isn't it? Done here in central Alberta we wait till the end of the May long weekend before taking off the snow tires....

Good luck with your search, I just use my brad nailer compressor with a moisture trap. I think it's a King product. Not 100% sure whether it comes from. home Hardware is where I bought it ten years ago, still works fine.

tenchu11
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:28 PM UTC
I'm in Anchorage, Alaska. Thank god for heated garages. It's about 60F in there right now. Good enough to paint now.
Alystyr
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 146 Posts
KitMaker Network: 39 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 07:46 PM UTC
I'd recommend browsing http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-compressors.html
They have several decent compressors in the ~$60 range. If you're willing to spend a little more, they have some that'll easily serve to power air tools as well.
It doesn't say where these are made (I'd imagine China), but they're solid. I got one several years ago (they don't carry it anymore), and it still works as good as the day I got it. The only extras I bought were a regulator/water trap and a couple of quick-release fittings. Less than $20, IIRC. It looks like the newer ones already have the regulator and fittings, though.
I don't think that they have any stores in your area (may be wrong), but they do sell mail-order.
Might be worth a look, at least.
Scrodes
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 771 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 08:54 AM UTC
Don't skimp on your compressor - this makes as much of a difference as the quality of your airbrush IMO. I have a Silentaire compressor which I am very happy with.

I had the Aztek unit and wasn't too fond of it.
 _GOTOTOP