_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Badger 105 patriot vs paasche talon
tenchu11
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 11:31 AM UTC
I purchased a badger 105 patriot last fall for about $70.00 US. Just the brush and medium needle. I was able to pick up a used "mint condition" paasche talon yesterday with two tools and 6 foot hose for $56.00+$11 shipping for $68.00US. They seem to be about on par (from my research) with each other but I haven't tried the badger too much and the talon is still being shipped. Which of the two is the better? Also would the badge be a better work horse brush while the paasche talon be better for detailing? I figured a talon would be a great 2nd brush to try out, are both on par or does one have a slight advantage? Was $68.00 for the talon a great deal?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 12:54 PM UTC
You can judge that by comparing them, yourself. My first brand name brush was a Badger Patriot. I loved it, until I tried a gravity fed Iwata. Iwata had me sold, until I compared it to a gravity fed Badger. Badger now has a long term customer. My biggest complaint with siphon fed brushes is the tendency for the bottle or cup to come loose. I have multiple paint spills on my patio, due to this.
MadModeler
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
entire network: 454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 165 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2015 - 02:40 AM UTC
I use the Badger 105. To be honest it's my first and only air brush I've used. And I love it. Just make sure you keep it clean. It's a good work horse.

Cheers,
Tom
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2015 - 04:46 AM UTC
I use the paasche eagle talon and love it ! I can do really fine detail right up wider spray pattern . I have three different needles with their tips . Easy to clean and maintain . Been using it now for 2 years and have troubles yet . Yes , you got a good deal on the talon , my was 200 bucks ..

Terri
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2015 - 05:05 AM UTC
I think an airbrush becomes a personal thing. I have used Badger, Azkek, Paasche, and Iwata and in my opinion the Iwata is the best. I have tried siphon, side feed, and top feed, and love the top feed. I have a Neo and an Eclipse and love them. I also have a Paasche V which I use very rarely now.

_GOTOTOP