_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Gruppe Fehrmann Tiger Question
qmccarthy
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 12:40 AM UTC
I was given a set of Echelon decals for these Tigers that a friend no longer wanted. F13 -per the decal sheet - looks like an interesting build. I have been doing some research on the type of hybrid these tanks were but not being much a Tiger tank expert, I was hoping someone could point out the basic kit bashing that needs to be done to create one of these tanks. I currently have a Dragon late Tiger with zimmerit in my stash as well as an early Tiger from Dragon. Can I just put the running gear from the late Tiger model onto the early hull and call it good or are there other things I need to do. Due to a recent job change, I am only going to be able to build one model the remainder of the year and I would really like to use those decals!

Thanks in advance for any help - Quinn
Oblivion
Visit this Community
Dodecanese, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 195 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:27 AM UTC
F13 was an early Tiger with late road wheels and tracks
You should also check this:
http://tiger1.info/models/products-page/CH6335
It will give you a good idea of what you need to do to build it as accurately as possible.

The downside is that your late tiger will be left without road wheels. I don't know if you can backdate it to a mid by fitting it the early road wheels, I guess this would require further work on other parts of the kit, such as the turret.

HTH
 _GOTOTOP