_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Airbrush compressor help
mparham02
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 60 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 - 04:19 AM UTC
I have a double action airbrush with compressor. I keep getting water thru the airbrush while painting. It has a regulator with moisture trap the I purge regularly purge can anyone help. Please!
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 - 06:59 AM UTC
Mark,

You may be be developing condensation in the air hose. Install
an inline moisture trap close to the airbrush and this should
resolve the problem.

Cheers,
Joe
Alaska
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 - 07:42 AM UTC
Mark can't agree with Joe more,excellent idea, I don't have a lot of experience with airbrush moisture problems but I have a lot of experience working with pneumatic tools such as air gun nailer's and such working in humid climates and in those cases we would put a dehumidifier close to the compressor and this would help protect our tools from excessive moisture build up. Now I've been to Oregon a few times , Lovely but wet in some areas so if you have access to a dehumidifier + the in line moisture trap that Joe is recommending it might be a winning combination. Try the in line trap first and if it doesn't solve the complete problem look for a dehumidifier used on say craig's list or something of the sort, That might just do it?

Also are you emptying the main tank along with the moisture separator if not the separator will never keep up with what is accumulated in the main tank reservoir?

Hope this helps! Just my 2 cents..

Craig..
 _GOTOTOP