Atlanta Model Expo '04
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 11:34 AM UTC
Hi everybody,
Just a quick message to give anyone who doesn't know about the upcoming show here in Atlanta, GA. a little info. The dates are Friday January 30, and Saturday the 31rst. This is shaping up to be a really good one. The vendor table count right now is 172, I can't wait, I've already got some cash put away. Based on last years count and what we have already been hearing this year we think we will break the 1000 model mark. If you live in the southeast (or anywhere for that matter) you might want to think about making a road trip. For more info check out the link below.

Thanks and happy modelling!!
Mike

http://www.victorymodels.com/ame2004mp.htm
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 03:22 AM UTC
Just a post to promote this one...if ya can't get out there by 5 tonight, get there at 8 tomorrow morning!

This will be the biggest IPMS show, excluding the Nationals in Phoenix, in 2004!
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 05:06 AM UTC
Good morning everyone (at least it's still morning here),
Just a post to give a short recap of the show for anyone interested. I'm not sure what the previous "biggest" regional was, but from what I know we blew it away. We ended up having right at 190 vendor tables (to my wallets detriment :-) ). I can't remember the final model count but I do know we fell just short of 1200. Many many gorgeous kits and dioramas. Among them 3 Leopolds, which for those of you like me that have not seen one built up in person is really impressive, 3 "Karls", a couple of the Academy F-18's (kit of the year ??) and my personal favorite, the AA HET M1070/M1000 with a mine damaged M1A1 for a load, which was finished beautifully. For all you allied treadheads out there I think the allied subjects outnumbered the axis, at least it was real close to it. Lastly for the sci-fi guys out there a sci-fi figure won best of show. I didn't get to take many pics due to helping out with the raffle and a few other things, but I'll try to post what I did take in my gallery, and hopefully someone else out there was able to take some also. Thanks to anyone out there who attended for helping make this a great show, and a great "warm-up" for the IPMS Nationals in 2005.

Mike
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 01:54 AM UTC
Thanks for the recap Mike.

Total entries was 1,164. For a regional. WOW!!!!

Best in Show was a Sci-Fi vehicle, completely designed from scratch on a computer. To me it looks like a Stryker circa 2025. It had a lot of advanced features and seemed to be very well conceived.

Great show!
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 02:25 AM UTC
Just one thing more. The Metro Atlanta IPMS clubs will be hosting the IPMS-USA National Convention and Show in July of 2005. Just think, 190 vendor tables and over 1100 entries for a Regional; imagine what will be at the National!
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 04:20 AM UTC
Bob,
Thanks for correcting me on Best in Show, I knew it was something in the sci-fi category. I heard the announcement but was boxing up my kits and when I heard Paul say Sci-fi I pretty much tuned out. Someone told me later that night that a figure had won (that nasty looking green swamp witch) I saw the winner early Saturday morning, it was very cool looking, wish I had gotten a pic of it. Lastly I agree with you, if this was any indication, the National should be something special.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP