Hosted by Matt Leese
Sparmax tc-620x
Alaska
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 - 11:19 AM UTC
Hello all! As some of you are aware that I started a topic on airbrushes. Those that have contributed to that topic have helped me greatly on making my first airbrush choice..thanks..

I have been looking at the Iwata line of compressors but the models that have a tank are very expensive!!! So I've been looking around for other brands. I am looking at the Sparmax TC-620x dual piston/2.5 liter tank for around 300.00 and was curious if any of you have this model or other Sparmax compressor product and if so what are your thoughts on this brand?? ie.noise level/workmanship/durability/customer service etc.??

Any info would be great! Thanks...Craig
Alaska
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hi all!

Don't know if anyone out there is shopping for a new compressor and considering the Sparmax 620x but I thought I'd post and say that this is what I chose and it just arrived and I have to say the thing is a work of art and beautifully built!

I still can't get over how quite it is, I have a few compressors for the work I do,running air gun nailer's and the like but I new I could never get away with using even my small pancake compressor inside the house, the peanut gallery would never put up with it! LOL..but I will be able to use this compressor late into the night while the other half of the house is asleep knowing I won't disturb anyone, which is great because night time is the only free time I have to model.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone thats interested.

Craig..
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 668 Posts
KitMaker Network: 211 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 03:48 AM UTC
Maybe you could put it outside and run a hose to the modelling table ? But since the one you got is quiet that's a dead issue then . I guess I'm lucky , my basement is mine alone and nobody messes with anything , well the cat might argue with me but since I feed her she does not . But do keep this in mind , the bigger the tank the less the cycle of the compressor and the compressor that have an oil sump last longer than the oiless compressors .
Alaska
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 07:06 AM UTC
Hi!, I don't have access to any windows in my basement so running 50 feet of hose from outside would just a pain in the butt. I always wanted to have a specialized compressor just for air brushing so I just bit the bullet and got this unit. I don't think it will ever wear out with the amount of time I'm going to be able to use it. This has a dual piston compressor motor and a 2.5 liter tank so I think I will be fine with it. It's not a cheap model either and I read every review I could find and it was highly recommended!

Craig..
 _GOTOTOP