_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi There
SprueFarmer
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:00 AM UTC
Long time lurker and seldom builder in Illinois.

I remember my first model kit was an F-102 molded in white plastic. I have no idea who boxed the kit, but it got plenty of tube glue and no paint. I don't recall exactly what the first tank kit was, but I do have vague memories of a soapy brown plastic Aurora King Tiger and some motorized kits with the black rubber band tracks.
Later came the Monogram kits, Shepard Paine inserts and all that fun. One winters night mice got into the newspaper strip and flour paste diorama ground work. A lot of fun back in the day.

Nowadys, I buy kits and place them on a shelf with every intention of building one, and sometimes a build actually happens.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 08:51 AM UTC
Welcome Warren. Glad to have you with us.

Quoted Text

Nowadys, I buy kits and place them on a shelf with every intention of building one, and sometimes a build actually happens.

Totally understand that.......I have a wonderful dust collection growing on top of my kit collection!!

Randy
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 08:53 AM UTC
For the sake of the stern looks from my wife, I try to keep the stash small. I don't always succeed.

SprueFarmer
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:26 PM UTC
Thanks for the welcome guys. The stash is just part of the fun.
 _GOTOTOP