History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Fate?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2004 - 07:11 AM UTC
I was reading a review by Cookie Sewell on the new DML T34, http://www.scalemodelindex.com/ over on Track-Link and was struck by something. The article begins by describing the development of the T34, and how much political infighting was going on. It makes it sound like the T34 very nearly didn't get made. It got me thinking about how the Spitfire and B17 went through similar hassles before getting approved for production. Here are three major weapons systems that could be argued help win the war and each had a hard time getting built. Call it fate, luck, God, what have you, it almost seems that something was acting behind the scenes to give the allies the weapons they needed to win.
Azarius
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 100 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2004 - 11:36 AM UTC
I think the same type of deal goes for every type of weapon... The town I live in (Thunder Bay) produced nearly 1,400 Hurricanes for the RAF during the early phases of the war.. And they were delayed because of nearly 40,000 engineers orders to do modifications even while they were being built on the factory floor!

Crazy, crazy stuff...
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2004 - 06:49 PM UTC
You could say the same thing about wars alone. That fate made them happen to open our eyes to the real world. The same thing goes for 9/11. Fate gave us this tragedy to open our eyes to things we thought would never happen to us, and if we arent careful it will happen again. Not only that but because of the fate past wars have brought us we have the technology to live the way we live today.