_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
The Price of Finescale Modeler in Europe
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 52 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 10:54 AM UTC

i am curious about the price of Finescale Modeler Magazine in Europe. i know it is 4.99 Dollars in States......15 dollars in here. . How about in your country? #:-)
tigermeet
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 99 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 11:23 AM UTC
I've susbscribed for about 14 years or more, it is cheaper to subscribe, but I wonder if it is worth it anymore, mostly the same old stuff and the internet has certaintly given us better models. Plus there are a lot of magainzes out there that are simply better.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 12:01 PM UTC
Well here in Canada it ends up being $7.99 with tax, and is not a whole lot cheaper by going the subscription route.
Other than having to go out to get it, rather than have it delivered to you, but at least you can see whats in it...and if a particular issue doesn't have anything in it for you...you don't have to buy it...where as with a subscription...you get them all anyway.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 12:34 PM UTC
Here in sweden it cost about 70sek which is around $9.50. Military modelling, modelcraft international, military in scale all cost the same. Military modelling in review costs 150sek which is $21. I have slowed way down on the amount of magazines I buy. We are not getting value for money.
I wouldn´t mind if they were front to back articles ..... but 40% of the mags are advertisements.
 _GOTOTOP