_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Good, Cheap Airbrush Cleaning Tool
ebergerud
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 297 Posts
KitMaker Network: 32 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 08:55 AM UTC
I just picked up a simple airbrush nozzle cleaning tool from eBay for $4.50 including shipping from US. (There are several of the same from Asia - some include extra tools that look like standard intradental brushes which you should buy by the bulk anyway because they're great for overall AB cleaning: maybe $1.50 for twelve?) Here it is:

Chicago Airbrush sells the same tool made by Harder Sttenbeck - it's smaller, a little neater and $25. And because it's small, it's easy to lose. You don't usually need this thing, but if you have a small nozzle - like the .20mm tip on my HS Evolution - if it gets clogged, it can be a pain to get it really clean. This tool will get even small gunks out pretty easily. I tried it out on my Evo and it slips through the tip readily - I'm sure it would work on my .15mm nozzle too. And anything larger will be easier yet. Well worth the money in my view. If you'd like the US shipped item, search "Airbrush Needle Cleaning Brush Tool Nozzle Air Valve Tip Spray Gun Air Brush".

Eric
 _GOTOTOP