_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
I have access to a Military Museum-
enfilladed
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 02:37 PM UTC
Hello All,
I've been thinking lately that alot of the things in my town could be invaluable resources for a few modelers around here- as well as myself once I start digging.
First off my Uncle is one of the people that runs the military museum here (Augusta, Maine.) and the attic of the place is STUFFED with military items from the revolutionary war to desert storm, Full Uniforms (dress and combat.) , ww1 complete medical kits, Firearms from every era (I'm pretty sure I saw an mg34 in there but I'd be absolutely amazed if it was. - there is a Maxim m1910, an incredible civil war era gatling gun, a degtyarev dp , ak's, rpk's, rpg's,- sorry got excited)
Anyways, sorry for the rant but I feel really bad not exploiting this incredible resource- there are also TM manuals for many things- i remember seeing a sherman operator's manual, a lee one, stuart one and i think some german ones for panzers which i really need to look at.
So please, ask me some questions about military weapons and uniforms and the tm's and stuff, i'm trying to approach my uncle with a bunch of questions and a couple of digital cameras.

Thanks
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 05:51 PM UTC
Wow, you've hit a gold mine.
well, currently there's nothing i need to ask, but thanks for the info anyway.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:26 AM UTC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I now can pm you like crazy! No, just kidding, and thanks for letting us know. Oh, and welcome to THE best site for military modeling.
 _GOTOTOP