_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from PA
johnnyodotorg
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:14 PM UTC
Hello all -

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I used to build models as a kid, but dropped out of the hobby for a while. A few years ago, I started getting back into it, and I find it really enjoyable. I don't think my work is quite as good as some of the others I've sene here, but I'm working on new techniques all the time to improve my skills. I don't build any one specific type, I've been bouncing around between various different kits.

Below are some examples of my work, from most recent to oldest. Hope you like it. The Nautilus (below) was the first real kit I entered into an IPMS contest. I didn't win anything, but I had a good time, and I hope to try again next year.

Regards,
JohnnyO
hetzer44
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 241 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 05:06 PM UTC
Hey JohnnyO,

Welcome to Armorama. Nice builds there. Hope you stick around Armorama; there's a lot of good info to be had and great people to meet. If you are looking for a club to join, let me know and maybe I can locate an AMPS (Armor Modeling and Preservation Society) chapter near you. A number of guys I know belong to both AMPS and IPMS; both great groups.

Cheers and hope to see more of your work.

Chuck
(Southern Maryland)
johnnyodotorg
Visit this Community
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 07:10 PM UTC
Hi Chuck -

Thanks for the message. I've been to an IPMS contest near Harrisburg last year, but it was a bit of a drive. The closest IPMS group I've found is Carlisle, which is about 2 hours away, so I haven't attended any meetings. I'm not aware of any AMPS stuff in my area.

If you know of anything in the central PA area (Altoona, State College, Clearfield, Lewistown) I'd be interested.

JohnnyO
hetzer44
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 241 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 11:58 PM UTC
JohnnyO,

I believe there is one in central Pennsylvania, but I'll double check and let you know what I find out. BTW, I live in Maryland, but grew up in Columbia, PA. Gotta love those Hershey Bears!!

Cheers!

chuckw
Delbert
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 01:58 AM UTC
Howdy back to another PA Guy..

Nice variety of builds there.

I too seem to bounce around a bit.. plan to do scale Autos in 2015..

I'm near Allentown.. by way of Arkansas... which explains the Howdy. LOL

by the way.. Love the Viper..

Delbert
McCrocker
Visit this Community
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 08:47 AM UTC
Hi Delbert. I just signed up on Armorama and was taking a look a some of of the intros and saw you were up in Allentown. I am down in Willow Grove and was wondering if there are any model clubs up in your area. I don't mind drive 30-40 miles if I can maybe learn a thing or two.
Jim
 _GOTOTOP