Hosted by Matt Leese
Need help with cleaning...
ohiostate19
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 09:52 PM UTC
I have a harder and steenbeck 2in1 and a grex Gravity fed pistol grip airbrush. Love both of them for the most part cleaning them is easy. The trouble I'm having if the main body of both airbrushed are hard to get into. I tried pipe cleaners but the either fall apart or are to big to fit inside the tube. Anyone have any ideas on how to clean that out so when the needle gets put back in I don't get paint on it. Please help!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 03:32 PM UTC
I use a ultrasonic cleaner, with a lacquer thinner bath. For stubborn clogs, I have to let it run for 30 minutes, but it doesn't draw much power. My three year old Badger operates like new. You can also purchase ab cleaning brushes, but I don't think you can use them in the area you are talking about. I also break down my ab and run the needle all the way through it a few times.
ohiostate19
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 04:02 PM UTC
I've heard so many mixed reviews about the sonic cleaners, some say they work great and others say they are a total bust.
hutch2336
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 73 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 05:38 PM UTC
Hi

HS market a pack of 6 fine bristled brushes which will clean all the apertures on any HS AB.
I am on my 2nd set as I clean the AB before and after each session and a quick once over on colour change.
The set is usually about £6 +
The smallest & thinnest brush will pull all the way through the AB body, you use a pair of tweezers to pull it through as you can't get your fingers in!
I get mine from here as they do have a Non E-bay shop too.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harder-Steenbeck-Airbrush-Nozzle-Cleaning-Brushes-Set-of-6-/380567843208?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item589b9c7188
Regards
Steve H
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 08:37 PM UTC
I have a set of very fine steel pipe cleaners similar to those. Very effective. Also, Tamiya airbrush cleaner is ridiculously effective I have found. It runs circles around hardware store chemicals. Only downside is its ten bucks for a quarter litre.
Alex11
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 02:34 PM UTC
I have resently presented my friend, who is also interested in the scale modeling, with a set of airbrushes, I found it here, the price is really appropriate, by the way, he is absolutely happy with this tool, it is quite useful for his models.
 _GOTOTOP