_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
M4A1 italy scheme assistance
Dazzyboyz
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 12:44 AM UTC
Hi All
I am just about to paint an M4A1 35th scale,in OD and Black, then I read all m4's in Italy are OD and earth or red? then I find an image of a 1st armoured division dozer in OD and black?
what colours should I be using here?
many thanks
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi Darren

I'm afraid there is no "one size fits all" when it comes to camo, especially with Shermans. It very much depended on the unit, time frame and what was available. So it would be better to find a picture of a tank you would like to model and then go from there.

If you want to build something like a generic tank representing an M4A1 in Europe, not a specific tank or unit, you could probably go with any of the mentioned colors and would certainly not be completely off the mark, as all were used at some point somewhere.

Hope that helps a little...

Cheers!
Stefan
Dazzyboyz
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 04:28 PM UTC
Thank you Stefan.
I have found an image of what looks to be black and OD so based on your info I will go with that.
It looks right so it must be right!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 04:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm afraid there is no "one size fits all" when it comes to camo, especially with Shermans. It very much depended on the unit, time frame and what was available. So it would be better to find a picture of a tank you would like to model and then go from there.

If you want to build something like a generic tank representing an M4A1 in Europe, not a specific tank or unit, you could probably go with any of the mentioned colors and would certainly not be completely off the mark, as all were used at some point somewhere.

Couldn't have said it better.
 _GOTOTOP