_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
1/35 Panther G
NFBradley
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 03:51 AM UTC
Here are some photo's of my Tamiya Panther G (Late Version). The kit was built more or less straight from the box, save for an Aber barrel and PE engine grills.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 04:32 AM UTC
Nice build. I would recommend applying another flat coat. The tracks should be black. I was under the impression that they were supposed to be red oxide, for a couple of years. You've done an excellent job, on the camo and jack block. The tools are well done, but the handles of the bolt cutters should be closer to red brown. They were made of bakelite. I don't mean to nitpick, only to share my knowledge. However, if you had fun, you did it right. What brand of paint did you use? It's hard to believe that the tracks are oob. I just finished weathering some and was disappointed, with the result. Your's look great!
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 04:54 AM UTC
Matt,
I didn't know about the wire cutter handles being bakelite, but it makes perfect sense if you don't want to get electrocuted trying to clear away debris in the streets. I always did my handles in the same metallic grey as the cutter jaws, but now i've learned something new.

NFBradley
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 - 03:07 AM UTC
Thanks guys! Its always nice to hear some feedback, that way a model is never really "done" the fun just continues! I used tamiya spray and masks to achieve the camo, and the washes were done with tamiya acrylics. the tracks were painted and weather separately, then glued down to the top of the road wheels to achieve the "sagged" look
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 - 04:06 AM UTC
You have really done a nice job with your hard edge camo.I would stay away from the deep rust on the tracks,just black or metal with appropriate dust wash or pigments will do.
 _GOTOTOP