_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello From Texas
AnalogKid
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 46 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2014 - 05:44 AM UTC
Greetings everyone from San Antonio, Texas. After getting back into things earlier this year I’ve been slowing getting up to speed on all that the world-wide interweb has to offer in modeling resources. I am impressed with this site in particular and I recently decided to join and subscribe.

A little about myself: I am a life-long modeler and started with an Aurora Me-109 (the one molded in maroon-colored styrene) when I was five or six that my dad had in the basement. By the time I was 12 I had received a gift from my father: my first airbrush - a Paasch Model H. Through high-school in the 1980s I built just about every aircraft or tank Monogram and Testors offered. After a 20-plus year career in the US Air Force with many moves and deployments I am now retired and working a second, much less hectic career which is allowing me to re-connect with my passion for this hobby. I like to work in 1/35th scale armor (primarily WWII German) and 1/48 scale aircraft (all eras). I view modeling as a hobby first but it truly is an art-form and one that I wish to expand my skills and abilities with research, learning, and practice. I find browsing websites such as this one help very much in this endeavor. I am also inspired and driven by observing the work of others. It is also really neat to see how international this forum is...lots of folks from around the globe – fantastic!

Other hobbies that fight for my free time include O gauge (3-rail) model railroading and online video games.

-Len
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2014 - 08:37 AM UTC
Welcome aboard, Len. Sounds like you have a very good approach to the hobby and you are set up well. There are lots more kits available now then there were 20 years ago. There are individual sites in kit maker to cover all your interests.
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 06:07 AM UTC
Welcome from another Texan (Amarillo) look forward to seeing your work soon
 _GOTOTOP