_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Have a question resin kits
maxmwill
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 334 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 09:23 AM UTC
I know I should have asked this a long time before this, but I never thought I'd have to do this.

What kind of putty is best for use on a resin model? Would putty for plastic models work, or is there another variety, such as mixing resin dust from sanding a length of spure, or a piece cut off from a a part(if you have some heavy pieces of scrap)? While I'm not frantic, trying to do something in a really short while, I can see that in the relative near future I'll have to do some puttying. So, I'm at least trying to plan a little bit ahead.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 10:40 AM UTC
You can use the same putty you would use on plastic without any problems. I always use tamiya putty to fill gaps and such in resin. Works like a dream.
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 894 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 02:28 PM UTC
I used various types of putty, but the one that sticks the best is Tamiya. If there are big air bubbles, I fill them with some round plastic rod and superglue. That usually works faster than putty.
maxmwill
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 09:05 PM UTC
Ok, thanks.

I have been using a tube of Testors putty, but that is almost gone, and have a fresh tube of the Tamiya you recommend.
maxmwill
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 09:18 PM UTC
Ok, thanks.

Well, looking over the model, a 1/72 Horten Ia38 Naranjero that I bought from Unicraft, doesn't seem to have any bubbles, but even so, the piece of rod and superglue idea is good to know and keep on hand.

Also, does anyone, or has anyone produced a kit of the Piaggio P166, or that little flying boat that looks similar to the 166?
 _GOTOTOP