_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Fire situation status.
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:00 AM UTC
Well, as of this morning all of the town of Larkspur, colorado is on stand-by evacuation. Which means that we are, at a moments notice, we could be told to move. Right now it is just if you want to go then you can. But it is not mandatory. As for the fire, well, it is still not contained. Where my house is I have a lot of rocky hills. The wind is blowing from the south and the north so it is pushing the fire outwards to the west and east. What the lastest reports first said was that the fire was 4 miles east of my house moving at 5 mph. every hour. Today it has blown back on it self and is now 9 miles east of me moving at 1-1 1/2 mph every hour. But this could change with the wind blowning in an easternly direction at 10 miles per hour this morning. So what I told my wife this morning is that I think we should just stay put untill somebody can gave us a hard answer to this fire. Just buy our time, we are all ready to go we can just wait and see.
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:14 AM UTC
Good Luck; And Stay Alert.. Hope that you do not end up having to EVA.

DAGGER-1 "To Victor, Go The Spoils"
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 10:03 AM UTC
I sure hope that some rain comes your way, and helps those firefighter put the thing out!!!! I wonder what they are going to do to the person(s) who started that illegal campfire?
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:14 PM UTC
Wolf,
I'm just down the road here in the Springs. I feel for everybody up there. I watch the nver ending line of fire bombers heading in and out all day. I hope we get some rain and soon.....and lots of it. Hang in there our thoughts and prayers are with ya. "Q"
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 10:43 PM UTC
Sir,
Thank you for your thoughts. Are you a model club member in the springs? I belong to the AMPS club in the springs. We meet at Ft. Carson. It sounds like we are now going to stand down for a while so who knows what will happen.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 10:48 PM UTC
Then you must be Jody. Its Matt Quiroz. Hope things are getting better for you up north. "Q"
Weezul
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 151 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 10:58 PM UTC
Well, make sure you are ready to go at moments notice if it comes to evacuating.
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 03:53 AM UTC
Hey there,
yes I am the one and only Jody. :-) oh yes, by the way tell everyone my Panzer IV J is still safe! :-) It is good to hear from a fellow club member. See you at the next meeting.
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:26 AM UTC
Hey there Matt.
I was wondering have you developed those pictures you took of my Panzer IV J gun breech yet? If not thats cool too. I am just curious on what my work looks like in pictures. Never had it done before. One more thing, I want to thank you for telling me about Armorama.com, very cool.
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 347 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 12:01 AM UTC
Sheet Wolf I wish we could send some rain your way. It has been a very wet spring in Toronto

Good luck!

MSW
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 12:46 AM UTC
Thanks guy, I wish we had some too. The weather reports said that for the next 5 days we were to be getting scattered T-storms with alot of wind! But nothing in the foot hills, only out on the plains
 _GOTOTOP