Place your announcements here please.
My plans for the future...
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 02:50 AM UTC
I added a new thing to my website: the description of my plans regarding all models on my box pile (currently about 70 of them - 1/35 modern armor, 1/48 modern aircraft and a single 1/32 kit).

I described in a few words what is my general idea to finish each model, what aftermarket parts I plan to use, what corrections, modifications and conversions I want to make etc.. I think it may be interesting for some of you, as you can get some inspiration from my ideas (I don't mind if you copy them - just show me results of your work! ) or you can help me make my models better, by providing some suggestions and important information about required modifications, which I may not be aware of etc.

Of course I'm aware that I need to live about 250 years and stop buying new models to actually realize those plans, but I like to think a lot and plan ahead before I start cutting plastic Maybe one day in a few hundred years archeologists will dig out my model stash along will all aftermarket stuff and with the help of information on my web page someone will be able to continue my work

To read about my plans visit my website (click banner below) and select "Waiting List" from the main manu on top of the page.

Rgds,
Pawel
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 02:59 AM UTC
Pawel,
you've done a hell of a job!!! I wish you to live a couple of thousand years (just to be sure you can complete without rushing all of your kits)...
Ciao
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 07:18 PM UTC
Pawel,
Your website is very good and I really liked so much your plans about future work and the details you gave there. It seems you also have a stock as a local model shop -like most of us do I wish you a healthy and happy 2004,2005,2006,2007...........2250 to finish your plans.
happy new year my friend
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 08:10 PM UTC
Yoy sure are a planning guy !!!!!!!i hope u cut a highlanders head and live forever so you can build all your models and see how a Leopard 14 A5 looks in plastic kit .
Happy new year
TUNA
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 449 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 01:23 AM UTC
Excellent work!! and an excellent idea!.. I'd been planning to do this for my own benefit on a spreadsheet at home, so that I wouldnt' by any AM I already own.. lol.. but you have it on the web, so you can check it out away from home (in case your doing an online order at work! )!!!

I really like it!!!

cheers

charlie
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 01:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent work!! and an excellent idea!.. I'd been planning to do this for my own benefit on a spreadsheet at home, so that I wouldnt' by any AM I already own.. lol.. but you have it on the web, so you can check it out away from home (in case your doing an online order at work! )!!!

Actually I also have a version of the document in database format on my work computer, so I can use it while ordering online at work But the web version can also be useful sometimes - you may have noticed asterisks next to some AM sets listed. Asterisks indicate the stuff I do not have yet

Rgds,
Pawel
TUNA
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 449 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 01:53 AM UTC
I was just saying to Alpenflage.. that I know some day I'll finish a kit.. go look in my supply drawer a week or two later and say "Damn" I didn't know I had that AM for that kit!!!!
mastertyno
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
entire network: 339 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 02:33 AM UTC
Well, indeed you'll need a couple thousand years to finish almost every kit you have in you waiting list... My waiting list is very small (3 kits- hei but I'm just starting, so...) but I think that is a modellers thing to have lots of model in the shelf waiting and waiting to be built...

See ya...
 _GOTOTOP