_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
OVERPRICED RANT!!!!
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 07:32 PM UTC
I need to just vent for a second, and I know some of you will disagree, but I am frankly exhausted by some of the internet vendors who inflate their prices just to say they are offering a sale price!!!! I spend ALOT of time looking for the best buys, because lets face it, money is tight. Today, I comparison shopped a major online vendor with another online vendor. The pricing difference on a single kit astounded me. The list price the vendor presented took my breath away. A 1/35 Tank Kit from Tamiya listed for $106 !!!! Not to worry I thought, they are offering a sale price of 75. I referred to my trusty online competition shop, whos LIST PRICE was only 4 dollars more! Their sale price???? $52.00. The prices of kits are going through the roof, and I appreciate a discount from any vendor, but a 25 dollar difference???? Thats the price of some entire kits!!!! Its time to start realizing that kit manufacturers, vendors, and the like still need to have customers in order to do business, and a future in the business is not pricing kits so high that only adults with full time jobs can afford an average kit!

Rant off... thanks for listening !
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 08:04 PM UTC
I ordered the Tasca/Tamiya Firefly from Scalehobbyist regular price $49.99 I just got a 10% sale ad from Squadron it was still $64.00.so who's fooling who with alleged sale prices.

So you definitely have to comparison shop, even with online sales.
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 668 Posts
KitMaker Network: 211 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 07:03 PM UTC
Charge as much as the market will support . Maximum profits are good for the company . They are committed to make money . All of them from the manufacturer to the distributor . Stevens international check out their prices and you better be sitting down when you do .
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 07:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Charge as much as the market will support . Maximum profits are good for the company . They are committed to make money . All of them from the manufacturer to the distributor . Stevens international check out their prices and you better be sitting down when you do .

I agree completely, about Stevens. My biggest gripe is that, if you order from a domestic store, Trumpeter will not honor customer service, if said store is not on Stevens' list of distributors(which is very short).
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 668 Posts
KitMaker Network: 211 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 09:11 PM UTC
Stevens Int. has a local outlet , AAA Hobbies in Magnolia , NJ . The prices are the same as the list on the Internet . One thing is they will open the kit for you to see before you buy it . Specialy with Trumpeter , it's the hardest company to get replacement parts .
 _GOTOTOP