_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
I have a question about Eduard
maxmwill
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 334 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 11:39 AM UTC
I would like to know if Eduard accepts suggestions for accessories for kits? PE, resin or anything else.

The reason I ask is I have the 1/32 Lysander kit Matchbox had for a few years, and then someone else issued it, but I'm not sure who.

I have the Matchbox kit, and while I like it and hope to continue building it(ran into a few snags which started to get frustrating, so I put it back up and went on to other projects).

But lately, I've been wondering if an outfit like Eduard had accessories which could help make for a more accurate model, but I have yet to find a set, and I've come to the conclusion that there are no such sets.

You see, there is the model, and then there is documentation, such as the 4+ publication. And the two don't match very well, as in not at all. While the model has lines of the aircraft, there are points where model and full size diverge, such as the center section. There is no "garden gate" spar joining the wings, and that's the most obvious, at least to me.

And there are other points.

So, is it possible to ask the staff at Eduard if they could come out with a set or sets of accessories, and would they at least consider it?

I'm sure that there are more than a few of the Lysander kits still "out there" which people might have, so it wouldn't be as if it would be a losing proposition.
 _GOTOTOP