_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Virginia
sidewrds
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 07:15 PM UTC
I've was out of the hobby for quite a long time and picked it up again about a year ago. Basically I'm starting all over again as my skills left a lot to be desired. I've been lurking on the forums for awhile now picking up tips and watching some of the builds and figured it was time for me to join. Anyone else on here from VA?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 08:49 PM UTC
From sunny Florida, welcome back. Your skill is not as important as having fun. I came back from a long, long break to a whole new world of models. What type of models interest you?
sidewrds
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 09:44 PM UTC
Anything really to be honest. Mostly military but I like cars too. What I really like is the creative outlet it provides me. It's a great way to clear my mind and help me focus as well. So far I've completed a AAVP7A1 by Tamiya and a A-6E by Revell and an Airfix Bf109E. Trying to keep my kit budget down as the tools and paint added up quick. I have a 1:35 Academy Merkava LIC that's on deck and hopefully starting it this weekend. First bit of photoetch wish me luck.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 10:13 PM UTC
Keep a hammer, lighter and gasoline on hand, when working with etch. My first determined attempt lead me to drinking. And, I did actually take a hammer to the kit. I would recommend you have a well thought out plan and stick to it. Practice makes perfect.
 _GOTOTOP