_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Cougar 4X4 JERRV
andrekidbsb
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Brazil
entire network: 284 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 07:25 PM UTC
Anyone knows the external differences between a regular Cougar 4X4 and the EOD version Cougar 4X4 (JERRV) and if I must change the Panda's Cougar kit to build this version.
Other question is. The JERRV 4X4 has been used by Marines or only by Navy teams?

About Meng's Cougar 6X6, any news about resin conversion to JERRV? or if Meng will provide this version beside regular version printed on the box cover?

Thanks
André
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 07:41 PM UTC
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 07:59 PM UTC
I'm not quite certain, but I believe the biggest difference is that the 4x4 JERRV has the Gyro-Cam.
I know the USMC uses the 4x4 because I photographed it at Camp Legeune.
At any rate, my walk around shows both of the above. I thought you had purchased it.
As for converting the 6x6 to a JERVV, I have all of the measurements necessary to do that, (Gyro Cam housing included) plus interior shots of the JERRV version, the locker, and where everything is stowed.
andrekidbsb
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Brazil
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 09:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not quite certain, but I believe the biggest difference is that the 4x4 JERRV has the Gyro-Cam.
I know the USMC uses the 4x4 because I photographed it at Camp Legeune.
At any rate, my walk around shows both of the above. I thought you had purchased it.
As for converting the 6x6 to a JERVV, I have all of the measurements necessary to do that, (Gyro Cam housing included) plus interior shots of the JERRV version, the locker, and where everything is stowed.

Rob, thanks again.
The walk around 4x4 at Camp Legeune was a JERVV?
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 10:24 PM UTC
No, but it was a USMC version. The 4x4 JERRV I BELIEVE was the one taken in the ice storm.
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 07:11 PM UTC
gentlemen good morning,

first let me provide my qualifications before answering some questions regarding the JERRV and the 4x4 Cougar, that way you can make your own assessment as to the accuracy of the information provided. I was the commander of an EOD Company in Afghanistan from 08-09 with 7 Army EOD Teams and 8 AF teams and then the CJTF Paladin J4 from 11-12 responsible for the distribution, maintenance, and upgrades of all Paladin JERRVs and Cougars.

Now to the heart of the question, the JERRV was only configured in the 6x6 version. There are no external differences between a JERRV and a 6x6 Cougar only internal differences and those are that the Cougar had the troops seats while the JERRV had the robot and ammunition lockers placed inside.

Regarding the 4x4 Cougar, the Navy, Marine Corps, and the Air Force utilized the 4x4 Cougar, the US Army did not except through loans from the US Navy. So there were US Army EOD Teams running in 4x4 Cougars but they were provided by the Marines or the Navy. The Air Force was not keen on loaning out their trucks.

With regards to the Gyrocam, in 08-09 there were limited numbers in theater so not all EOD Teams utilized them and some even had them removed from their trucks. We had more gyrocams during the 11-12 time frame and it was more prevelant for all service EOD teams and on both the 4x4 Cougar, 6x6 Cougar and the JERRV.

The internal configuration of the JERRV was pretty standard with regards to the lockers and the shelves however the loading of equipment and ammunition was team dependant. I had some teams that stored their stuff inside and some that stored it outside.

Andre my recommendation is for you to identify what time period you want to replicate as there are some other modifications that were done to the JERRV in the 2012-2013 time period and also what service you want to represent.

I hope this helps and if you have anymore questions please let me know. I will dig through my old photos and see if I can come up with my photos of the JERRVs and Cougars.

Dave

andrekidbsb
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Brazil
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 07:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

gentlemen good morning,

first let me provide my qualifications before answering some questions regarding the JERRV and the 4x4 Cougar, that way you can make your own assessment as to the accuracy of the information provided. I was the commander of an EOD Company in Afghanistan from 08-09 with 7 Army EOD Teams and 8 AF teams and then the CJTF Paladin J4 from 11-12 responsible for the distribution, maintenance, and upgrades of all Paladin JERRVs and Cougars.

Now to the heart of the question, the JERRV was only configured in the 6x6 version. There are no external differences between a JERRV and a 6x6 Cougar only internal differences and those are that the Cougar had the troops seats while the JERRV had the robot and ammunition lockers placed inside.

Regarding the 4x4 Cougar, the Navy, Marine Corps, and the Air Force utilized the 4x4 Cougar, the US Army did not except through loans from the US Navy. So there were US Army EOD Teams running in 4x4 Cougars but they were provided by the Marines or the Navy. The Air Force was not keen on loaning out their trucks.

With regards to the Gyrocam, in 08-09 there were limited numbers in theater so not all EOD Teams utilized them and some even had them removed from their trucks. We had more gyrocams during the 11-12 time frame and it was more prevelant for all service EOD teams and on both the 4x4 Cougar, 6x6 Cougar and the JERRV.

The internal configuration of the JERRV was pretty standard with regards to the lockers and the shelves however the loading of equipment and ammunition was team dependant. I had some teams that stored their stuff inside and some that stored it outside.

Andre my recommendation is for you to identify what time period you want to replicate as there are some other modifications that were done to the JERRV in the 2012-2013 time period and also what service you want to represent.

I hope this helps and if you have anymore questions please let me know. I will dig through my old photos and see if I can come up with my photos of the JERRVs and Cougars.

Dave

Dave, you're very qualify and thank you very much. Your question answered my questions. About 4X4 version, the EOD teams costumized the interior with lockers and shelves and carried the robots inside? If you prefer, I can send private message.
Witch period do you place the Panda's Cougar kit?

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP