_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Super Glue issue
plasticman17
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 78 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 05:58 AM UTC
Hello

I'm having an issue with the CA glue bottles. No matter how careful I am, the glue nozzle tips always clog. I've tried soaking the tips in acetone, and I always wind up using a tiny drill bit to unclog them. Each time I end up using a larger drill bit and the hole gets so big that a glob of clue comes flowing out. Anyone have the same issues? Any advise on keeping the nozzles from clogging? Thank you! 👍
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 06:09 AM UTC
Sean,

Best thing I've found is to squirt out the CA I need, then set the bottle down with a sharp tap on its bottom. After a minute or so I point the tube away from anything important - usually into a paper trash bag - and give the bottle a slow gentle squeeze, followed by an immediate release. That tends to, 1. Allow extra CA to sink back into the bottle; 2. Clear the nozzle; 3. Suck the remainder back inward.
plasticman17
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 06:36 AM UTC
At this point I'll try anything Frederick, thank you my friend 👌
pantherkid
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 73 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 09:32 AM UTC
Sean, what Ive been doing lately is taking the cap off and useing a toothpick and diping it in the glue and aply it to the part I need to glue. Been working fine for me, also I'll scrape the tooth pick with my knife to give it a sharp point. Hope this helps some and good luck with your project, Rick
plasticman17
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 06:46 PM UTC
Hey Rick,

Thank you. Yes I have tried that as well from time to time. But for me it works a bit better using the bottle to put a drop on the palette. I also tend to knock things over when reaching for something else and a bottle of CA glue wouldnt be good to knock over ....... I have to make some changes in how I put things back when I am done with it
 _GOTOTOP